Year 47 Day 16

I had finally found the place. But I didn't know how to get there. I looked at a route atlas but none of the roads or paths went between countries. In the end, I just decided that there was a route I could follow. The best place to cross would have been between a large city and Calgarii. But I Wouldn't be able to return to Calgarii. They knew what I was and would surely send for someone to exterminate me again.

In the end, the only route I could take would be to use the international path. There is generally only 1 road between 2 countries so It would be far. The road was in the capital meaning I would have to travel all the way to the West coast in order to cross over into the English-speaking country. I yelled in anger only to find the words had become romanised. I could read them perfectly fine. I could read Calgarii and Hausleno and everything. The book had seemingly been translated. I took a closer look but the words just transformed back into the strange pictures. It made no sense.

What was going on!

I eventually gave up and returned to the inn having taken the easiest to follow atlas for route directions. It was a road and path only atlas meaning the path details were in more depth and the maps mentioned landmarks etc. I entered the Inn again. It was daytime again. I had spent the whole night as well as the day in the library. Exactly the worst outcome. I had to return in the daylight and morning had already passed with the sheet missing. I ran out getting burned severely by the sunlight. When I got back I almost smelt of burning. I had lost myself in the town meaning it took me longer to return. My legs were black and had small pieces of charcoal on their surface. My hands were similar and 2 of my toes had completely crumbled off.

I pumped blood magic into my feet to try and heal them but It wasn't quick. It would probably take me hours to heal up entirely. I was exhausted anyway So I just lay down on the straw pile and dozed off. It seemed that only battle wounds healed at game speed. The environmental effects lasted much longer. Or perhaps it was a weakness of my race or something. Like maybe I couldn't heal against light damage at an increased rate due to it being one of my weaknesses.

I fell asleep almost instantly in the comfortable dark room.