8. Not Anymore

Tony lied on his side. Suddenly he felt John's presence in the room. He closed his eyes, he just wanted this night to end. He knew this night had nothing good for him.

He could feel John coming closer to him. He wanted to prevent it. But suddenly he felt John's arm around his waist. John spooned him.

"John..." Tony's voice small, almost a whisper.

"Sshh..." John spooned him tighter.

Tony's heart sank. Suddenly he could feel warmth of lips on his neck, Tony moaned.

But somewhere deep, Tony could predict the upcoming disaster.

John bit Tony's neck, but before any sound could escape Tony's lips, John covered his mouth with his hand.

Tony's eyes bloated with fear.

"You don't learn, do you?" John growled in Tony's ear.

The night was going to be a long one for Tony.

Flashback

"How is she doing?" He asked, while still looking at the glass of whiskey in his hands.

"Managing. What is it that you and Pepper aren't telling me?" Bruce spoke. He had his doubts, but he never intervened. Even when he met Pepper in Florence, and Pepper asked him about Tony, he simply answered her and did not question her.

"I know it's none of my business, but aren't you two talking to each other?" Bruce had questions, but he was patient.

Tony looked back at Bruce, not knowing how to explain things to him.

His puzzlement was on his face and Bruce read it.

"You know what, leave it. I don't want to know. I just came here with you to relax. How's John?"

Again Tony had no answer to his question. He looked back like Bruce asked him something too complex.

"Hey, Tony!" Someone called.

And Tony was saved, at least that's what he thought.

He turned and his smile disappeared. It was Christine. Christine Everhart. Someone from his olden days, his one-night-stand days.

This wasn't right. This shouldn't be happening. John would be here any minute now and he couldn't let him see her. But while he was still in his dilemma, she had already reached him.

"How are you, Tony?" Christine asked with a wide smile on her face. And all the color from Tony's face faded in an instant.

"I'm... I'm good. What are you doing here?" Her presence had cast a chill over Tony.

Christine smiled. She could read Tony's face.

"Tony, I know about you and Dr. John Watson. I'm happy for you."

But my boyfriend doesn't know about you, and I cannot let him know, Tony thought, still fidgeting.

Her words did not give any relief to Tony. He just wanted her to leave. All the while Bruce observed change in Tony's demeanor. And it was somehow enough for Bruce to understand Tony's relationship with John.

"I think I should leave you boys alone now." Christine spoke, not wanting to make the situation anymore awkward.

But sometimes even a passing bullet wounds.

She unexpectedly leaned in to kiss Tony goodbye, and instead of an air kiss, Christine went for a peck.

It all seemed like a scene straight out of a telenovela.

It didn't seem like Christine did it purposely, but her mistake was going to cost Tony dearly.

She looked embarrassed, while Tony was frozen on his spot to see John standing right in front of him.

"I'm... I'm sorry, Tony, I didn't mean..." She trailed off, when noticed John's presence.

John's clutch on his stick tightened. Tony looked at him, his face blank.

End of Flashback

He sat quietly in front of the mirror. Way too quiet. Way too dead. He didn't turn on the light, maybe he didn't want to see himself.

His face hurt, his neck, his lips and... his soul. He was hurt, inside out.

Suddenly something happened. Something changed in him. He got up and walked out.

It's been awhile since he has been alone. He quietly walked alongside the shore. The cold sand soothed his feet, the breeze caressed his bruised face.

He kept walking, his mind blank. And even he didn't realize that he was waist deep in the water. He looked around, just moonlit water.

He took a deep breath with a smile of contentment on his face and then walked ahead.

Peace.

Silence.

Blue.

So, this is what it feels like, death, Tony thought.

His head started getting numb. Soon he slept into deep sleep. It was peaceful. Just like he had imagined.

Hello, Peeps! As promised, I updated. I know it is short, but I didn't want it to be a drag. So, I just hope you enjoy it.