9. The Blue Eyed Saviour

Another update, yayyy! Hope you enjoy it. Do comment and vote if you enjoy the chapter.

"I don't know. I just... You know my parents won't like it." Steve spoke with his hands buried in his bomber jacket.

"But this is who you are, Steve." His friend, Samuel spoke.

"My parents have no concept of it. According to them it's not even natural." Steve's blue eyes turned sad.

The night was not that dark, the breeze was light and the beach was perfect place for Sam and Steve to talk and walk.

"I tried going out with Stacy. I tried, Sam, I tried. But it never felt right."

"Trust me. With Stacy, it can never feel right." Sam joked, suddenly changing the mood. Steve laughed. He liked how Sam managed to lighten up every situation.

"Hey, I saw that new cadet... What's his name? Buchanan?" Steve timidly enquired, while looking down at sand between his toes.

"That kid... James Buchanan. He's alright. Got some serious anger issues. You wouldn't want to be around someone as cracked as him!" Sam tied his shoes.

"Well... You are not as sane yourself, Wilson!" Steve teased.

"You punk!" Sam retorted, but Steve wasn't looking anymore. Sam looked where his friend seemed to have gotten his attention stuck.

At distance, it was someone. Someone slowly walking towards the deep sea.

"Is he trying to...?" Steve looked at Sam, worry in his tone.

Due to asthma, Steve couldn't get into army. But his physical competence got him job as a bouncer slash security personnel with a private firm, however, even that he got because of some push. Steve was always a little hasty, a little stupid. Before Sam could even understand what was happening, Steve had run off to save the stranger.

He dived into the water.

"You stupid ass!" Sam could only yell after him. He knew Steve's asthma was going to be a problem here.

The blue was pretty, the moon light illuminated it. He tried keeping his eyes open, while swimming and looking around.

There he was, the stranger, floating in the blue. His hands open wide, welcoming his end with open arms. Steve swam closer to the man flying in the vacuity. There he saw beauty. It was someone he had never seen before, it was the Billionaire, Tony Stark. His face was small, eyes closed. Steve's eyes were stuck to the stranger's face.

He closed in, grabbed the stranger by his waist and swam up.

Soon he was on the surface, breathing heavy. He could hear Sam's shouts and screams. He walked with the stranger on his shoulder, but he could feel his own knees buckle. He laid him on the beach and collapsed right next to him. His eyes still stuck to the beautiful face.

His ears were ringing, and eyes couldn't leave the sight of that face, lying next to him. The Asthma was worsening all the while. Suddenly he could feel two hands grabbing his face, and shoving something in his mouth. It was his inhaler. He took two deep drags, and then only the world around him started piecing together.

"Thank you!" He breathed out.

He then somehow managed to get on his knees and looked at the face clearly. Droplets graced his face, strands of hair on his forehead, and some bruises here and there.

His mind was slow, it was all his subconscious mind that worked. He started pumping the chest and breathing into the mouth of the stranger. His heart raced. He didn't want anyone to die.

One pump, one breathe.

Another pump, another breathe.

After what seemed like an eternity, with a hiccup, the unconscious man started gurgling water out of his mouth.

Steve finally breathed with relief when saw him finally breathing. When everything seemed to be in control, Steve looked at the face.

"I have seen this guy somewhere." Steve spoke, sounding unsure.

Finally Tony Stark opened eyes, his vision blurry. All he could see was a blurry face, a pair of blue eyes looking back at him. It was too much work for him, he again slipped into unconsciousness.

Behind his back, Steve could hear Sam talking on the phone. He was calling for help. But that was last of his concerns. He wanted to know where he saw this face.

Soon the help arrived. Steve and Sam were questioned and they told everything. Steve's heart remained unstable the whole time. He wanted to know if that guy was alright.

Next Day

It was quiet. Just light clinks of metal spoon touching the inners of bone China cup.

"Why did you do it?" His voice was low, his accent still silk.

A cup of tea was handed to Tony. No answer came from him.

Silence was dense. John got up, and placed himself on the edge of that hospital bed. Tony's pulse picked up.

He slowly took the cup from Tony.

"I love you, you know it right?" John asked, but again got no answer.

Suddenly a loud smash made Tony jump. The Bone China cup was on the floor, shattered into pieces.

John's dark eyes pierced into Tony's fearful ones. Something was communicated without a single word.

Billionaire was caged. To make the matters worse, a bodyguard was hired to keep an eye on him and it was not Happy Hogan. John never liked Happy, he was sent away.

"John, I do not like it." Tony sounded annoyed.

"You do not like what?" John turned towards Tony, who still had his back towards John.

"I'm old enough to take care of myself!" Tony finally turned after making a drink for himself.

"Yes, you are. But I cannot let you do anything stupid again." John's word made no sense to Tony.

Tony gulped his scotch, and his anger with it.

He walked out, knowing nothing would convince John. Seeing his fiance's kid-like behavior, John chuckled softly to himself and got back to reading his newspaper.

Tony, on the other hand, wanted to get rid of this new nuisance. He stepped into his parking and walked towards his Saleen S7 but the moment he held the car door handle, a hand stopped him.

"Who the fuck do you think you are!" Tony retorted.

"Your bodyguard, Mister Stark." The voice was strong.

Tony turned and his face was enough to send the other man into a state of trance.

This face, this man, Steve knew his life was going to change forever after this point.

Hope you liked it!