Chapter 10: Like the sun after ten years of darkness

The two weeks in Poland fly by and before Derek realizes it, the last night of their stay has arrived. After some board games and a lot of friendly chatter Stiles' Babcia and dad decide to call it a night. Stiles yawns after one more game of UNO, "Well I'm off to club Bed featuring DJ Pillow and Mc Blanky." Derek chuckled, "Goodnight, Sti." Stiles hugged the older man, "G'night Der-Bear." He shuffled upstairs, leaving Derek alone in a quiet house.

That is, quiet for a couple of minutes, before Derek's phone rang. He hastily picked up, immediately turned deaf by the semi war cry of his little sister, "Der-Bear!" Derek chuckled, "Coco puff. What's up?" "Nothing much, just checking if you survived the holidays, me not being there and all." Derek rolled his eyes at her apparent modesty, "It wasn't half bad. I'm in Poland with Stiles and his family."

Cora shrieked, giving Derek a hearing problem all over again, "Stiles? As in, the guy you've been swooning over for a couple of months now? Did you finally make a move!?" Derek shook his head, starting to stammer when he realized Cora couldn't see that, "First off, I am not swooning and no, he heard that I was alone for the holidays and invited me. That's all." She groaned, "Derek! If you don't man up, you'll lose him to someone else." Derek sighed, "You're right. I hate it when you're right."

She chuckled, "I still am, though. If he's anything like you've let on, he will understand, so just go for it." "I'll think about it. Love you, sis." "Love you too, big bro." He hung up with a weird feeling in his chest. Maybe she is right, he thought, Maybe I really should tell him how I feel. With that he went to bed for another sleepless night.

...........................................................................................................................

After a tearful goodbye and a long flight, Derek drove first the sheriff and then Stiles home. "Wanna come in for some coffee first?" Derek nodded, "Yeah, okay." He helped carry Stiles' bags upstairs before shrugging off his jacket and taking a seat. Stiles came in a minute or so later with two steaming mugs, "Here you go, big guy." Derek smiled, "Thanks."

They talked about whatever came up in their minds, the same tension they'd felt for the past months buzzing in between them. I have to say it. Why can't I just say it? "Der, did you hear me?" Derek startled, "Hmm?" Stiles frowned, "Is everything okay? You seem a little absent." "Yeah, I'm fine, but maybe I should be heading out." "Oh, okay."

Derek took his stuff and Stiles stood up to see him out. The door was half open when something finally snapped in Derek's head. His hand tightened around the door knob, closing the door with a slam and turning around. "You know what? No! I'm not fine! I haven't been fine since the goddamn minute I saw you again." Stiles backed away a little, seeming confused.

Derek continued, "For years, I had this image of you, I expected to come back to the same kid. But instead I met this beautiful, smart, strong man." He was closing in on Stiles, still rambling, not able to stop anymore. "I didn't see the kid you used to be, I saw the man you had become. And I didn't want to fall in love because you are my best friend and I'm 15 years older than you, so it felt like you were off limits, you know?"

He took a gulp of air, emotion slowly overtaking him, "But then I became this hopeless pile of misery because I didn't know what to do. I was scared I'd screw up, but every day I'm not with you my world is covered in pitch black darkness. Not being with you is like losing the sun, Stiles, I can't go on without you anymore." He sighed, deflating visibly, " I'm not a selfish guy, but I can't stop thinking about you and it's becoming a real fucking problem. I want to be selfish just this once. I want to have this. I want to have you."

There, the secret was out, he'd said it. Stiles was looking at him with huge bambi-eyes. Derek gulped, I blew it, he thought, slowly turning around to leave, for real this time. But then a hand around his wrist yanked him back and soft lips were on his. His eyes fluttered close, his hands clutching Stiles desperately. And it was beautiful, golden rays of sunshine making all the darkness in Derek fade away.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So basically I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to embrace the side of me that people might think is annoying. 

Now I'll list the consequences this could have for you guys:

1.Movie quotes                                                                                                                                                          2.More movie quotes                                                                                                                                            3.Basically a lot of movie quotes                                                                                                             4.Random facts that are in no way relevant to this story                                                                        5.Endless ramblings just like this one

If I annoy the shit out of you guys, just tell me, or stop reading. Your choice.

Oh right! Before I forget... 

You've got to ask yourself one question: "Do I feel lucky?"                                                                    Well, do ya punk?

;)

XXX-HY_13