Chapter 14: Rainbow sprinkles did the trick

After they (sort of) told the sheriff the mutual decision to openly come out for their relationship felt like the logical next step. At first everyone was surprised, but after a while they got a lot of, mostly positive, reactions from friends and colleagues. I say mostly, because there's always Jackson Whittemore AKA deputy jackass to ruin everything...

It was a few days after they first started telling people, Derek's shift was just over and he was waiting for Stiles to wrap up when Jackson came up from behind him. "So Hale, I suppose guys your own age weren't good enough?" Derek groaned, "Shut up, Jackson." The asshole grinned, sensing he touched a sensitive subject, "No need to be rude, Derek. Can't judge you on wanting a fresh piece of meat."

Derek felt flaring red anger wash over him as he took Jackson by the collar. "I said; SHUT UP!" Thank God Stiles just rounded the corner, or Derek would've done something he'd regret afterwards. "Derek? What's wrong?" Derek backed away, "Nothing, we were just done. Weren't we deputy Whittemore?" Jackson just scoffed and walked away, bumping into Derek's shoulder in the process.

Stiles turned to Derek with a worried frown, "Are you okay? What happened?" Derek smiled softly and stroked Stiles' cheek, "I'm fine, he was being a jerk about our relationship and I lost my temper." Stiles growled, "God, he's still that much of an asshole as he was in high school. I'm gonna whoop his ass one day, I'm just not very good with schedules." Derek chuckled, "You see, that's why I love you."

"What? Because I'm a chaotic spaz?" Derek smiled, "No, because you are the most funny, sweet and awesome person I've ever met and god, I love you for it." Stiles simply beamed, "And I love you."

...........................................................................................................................

One year later...

Stiles chuckled as Derek led him down the stairs of their shared apartment blindfolded, "Seriously Derek, where are you taking me?" Derek smiled, "I already told you, Sti, it's a surprise." "You know I hate surprises." Derek leaned down and whispered right into Stiles' ear, "I've been told you're going to love this one."

He gently led Stiles out of the building and into the car. They started driving and Stiles was getting antsier by the minute. Just when he thought he'd reached his boiling point Derek pulled over and opened the door for him. "When can I take this thing off, I'm getting anxious", Stiles muttered as Derek pulled him by his hand once again. "Patience", Derek said, the smile in his tone audible.

They walked for about five more minutes before Derek suddenly halted. For a few seconds Stiles just stood there in complete darkness and then the blindfold disappeared and he was met with a dimly lit open spot amidst a circle of trees. He looked around in awe. His eyes wandered from the candles surrounding him to the rose petals at his feet.

He turned around in confusion, "Derek... What is all this?" Derek smiled as he started to speak, "Stiles...", he took the other men's hands, "My sweet, gorgeous Stiles. Exactly twelve years ago I had the luck to have you storming into my office. For a year you practically corrupted me and we became very strange friends."

Stiles let out a chuckle and Derek continued, "After a lot of pranks and tutoring for history, the job offer from New York came. You were the first person I told. At first you begged me not to go, but when I explained why I felt I had to, you took my hand and told me you understood." Derek smiled fondly at the memory, "That's when I first realized I loved you."

Stiles returned a watery smile, "Ten years passed and I felt like something was missing in my life. I quit my job, booked a flight and moved back here. I called your dad and he immediately promised me my job back and asked me to come over to discuss the details. He didn't mention you so I assumed you were still in college. Hence my surprise when it was you opening the door, all grown up, in nothing but shorts." That got another chuckle out of Stiles, "I just woke up, I wasn't thinking straight."

Derek laughed, "Yeah well, neither was I. Because when you hugged me on that porch... I felt something new. Something that (thank god) wasn't there ten years earlier." He heaved a big sigh, "Throughout the months after that I started to slowly realize I not only loved you, but I was also falling IN love with you. After that, it took me a while to grow a pair and actually tell you, and when I finally did, you, again, had the best reaction ever."

He fished a little red box from his pocket and fell down on one knee. He opened the box, revealing a black band with a red engraved line. "That surprising morning on your father's porch happened about one and a half year ago and since then, I only grew to love you more. We laughed, we cried, we got angry", Derek chuckled, "we did some crazy shit."

He looked up, meeting Stiles' golden eyes, "Every minute I look at you, I find at least a thousand things I love about you and I want to keep searching. So, Stiles Elias Stilinski, will you pretty please with a cherry and chocolate sprinkles on top marry me?" Stiles let out a half sob half laugh kind of monstrosity, "Only if they're rainbow sprinkles, you big sap", and then extended his hand. Derek took the ring and carefully slid it on Stiles' finger.

A perfect fit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm back, bitches!

London was fricking awesome and guess who I saw there...  CHARLIE AND MAX FUCKING CARVER!!! I literally almost flailed myself straight to the ground. I didn't get the time to take pictures or say something but I saw them and that's some crazy shit on it's own. 

I saw Wicked, Lion King, Les Misérables and a comedy about a bank robbery. All of them were indiscribably beautiful, I loved it! I saw some street performers, did some people watching in the underground, went to platform 9 3/4 and got complimented on my accent a couple of times. Definitly a journey never to forget!

Now about the story; it's slowly coming to an end, but I am fully writing on another book and I have about ten others in progress, so this isn't the end (although it will probably take a week...or two) ;P

"I am Groot." (Why not!? Shut up! I'm awesome.)

XXX-HY_13

P.S.: What do you guys think about a wedding for the final chapter next week?