012.

erase by omar apollo

"i shouldn't be so bothered by you"

one last time, mattia went upstairs to look at the corpse in the bathtub. decomposing already, disgusting. 

he was guilty. 

fuck.

mattia's bloodshot eyes shot awake as he felt a large impact and a wave of pain pass over him. his ears were ringing and his head felt like someone had drove a pickaxe right into his brain. the world began to fade in all at once.

bright light shined into his barely opened eyes, making him groan at the sudden flashes. he squinted, only being able to make blurry outlines of his dashboard and broken car windshield. he blinked repeatedly, trying to adjust. 

after a few painful minutes, he could almost clearly see the glass scattered all over his car and on his lap. mattia looked through the window which would normally be lightly tinted. instead, it was broken with jagged glass pieces and revealed a smoking engine. the front of the car was dented harshly. 

mattia cursed lowly, seeing that he had been rammed into a light pole. the strong aroma from the smoke in the air filled his senses as his body convulsed and he began coughing. the strange scent filled his lungs as he coughed even more. 

he put his hand up to his mouth and tried to breathe in fresh air. after a few minutes of the outburst, he calmed down and cleared his throat. 

his back hit the back of the seat as he leaned his head up against the head seat. excruciating pain followed as he groaned, but he continued to lean until the pain was only reduced by a barely tolerable amount. 

with all the shock, it took him a second to realize he was not standing in a cold tiled bathroom. he was not standing over a dead, bloodied corpse with pieces of already rotting, but somehow fresh flesh. the lights were not a flickering florescent. the room did not feel like it was closing in on him. 

this freaked him out. he immediately jumped around, lurching for the door handle to stumble out of the car. he slid out of his seat and heard glass fall onto the hard cement. mattia desperately tried to stand but just ending up landing on the road. he backed away from the wreckage, panting. 

he let out a pathetic choked noise, eyes widening as he realized he wasn't in the house. he didn't have any words, his mouth just slightly gaping as he was leaning on the gravel road.

his anxiety levels were at an all time high as he scratched himself, adding to the pain already coursing throughout his body. mattia's pants soon became lightly controlled labored breaths. he let himself calm down as his brain began to finally run through the situation..

killing, getting ready to go out, breakdown, looking over corpse....

nothing of the events involved his car. until now, mattia had not even thought to look at where he was. he scanned the area before snapping his eyes to a green sign on the deserted road. he strained his eyes, trying to make out the white colored blurs.