Chapter XI: Orthodox

We don't even ask for happiness, just a little less pain.

- Charles Bukowski, "Letter to Willaim Packard," July 1985.

⇀↼⛊⛉⛋⛉⛊⇀↼

"Your turn, Mizukume." She widely grinned as Izuku gave the reins of full control. She was itching for a bloodbath. Once she opened her eyes to see the gang member's bodies crushed under the rumble. It was only a matter of seconds before she did as pleased.

Even when Chisaki and his right-handed men finally arrived.

They fell down to divine attacks. As Mizukume crippled them to the point of them being knocked out from the extreme pain. It was only matters that Mizukume was invincible against the number of mutant humans. As she left them to bleed.

Mizukume laugh shrilly as she passed by the bodies that she had slayed in her way. Her claws reign supreme against the pathetic attempts of her enemies without batting an eye. Her host's body was now stronger than before as she ripped out the hearts of his captors. Laughing her heart out in containment.

"AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!" Her thrill was never-ending as blood splattered everywhere. As Izuku watched in his conscious form. Mizukume was destroying everyone without a sweat. He hoped that Eri didn't witness what Mizukume was doing with his body at the moment. Moments before he gave his control to Mizukume.

As he stood alone in the sea of consciousness.

He can sense that Mizukume has gotten Eri to leave the base sooner than they had planned. Better than sorry or they would be noticed sooner. He waited for Mizukume's return as he sensed Eri was waiting at the door.

𝁻§✴§𝁻

Dashing outside before finding twists and turns through the alleyways. Mizukume carried Eri when she was waiting with a mask covering her. Her host must have told her to cover her face from seeing the blood covering her host's body as they managed to get away from the base. But at least, it was rather easy to navigate the maze of the underground. But it was only temporary until they actually could escape from Chisaki.

Chisaki and his right hand men might have survived from the attack that her host pulled off. Even with the full control of her host. She can not assume that safety is in their line of sight.

And Eri was barely able to fight back. She could only give back control over her host or lose everything that they did so far. And now they need to find help. It would be difficult for her host and Eri to survive without support.

"Maybe, you could give me control over your host in exchange for evening the odds." Mizukume snarled. Suzuka. She forgot about her after she was busy swatting enemies with her claws. Suzuka must have entered her host's consciousness while she was distracted.

"And why should I?" Mizukume wanted to wipe that smirk off Suzuka's face.

"Because I can get us out of this street distinct and somewhere safer." However, Mizukume retorted.

"And where's that somewhere safer?" A silent pause confirms Mizukume. As she continued running with Eri in her arms while her host and Suzuka interacted with each other in the sea of consciousness. It was only a matter of time before the authorities spotted a trail of blood splatters in several odd parts of the city.

Before she knew it. It was already dusk and she was already at the end of the city that led to the forest and mountains. It was rather fitting to camp for the night. As she gave back control to her host. She sleeps for now.

𝁻§✴§𝁻

Izuku didn't really know what to expect from this. Him covered in dried blood or Eri snuggling in his hands, dreaming blissfully. All he remembers is that Suzuka was talking about Mizukume's secret plan before Mizukume rudely barges in the sea of consciousness and kicks Izuku out. Announcing that she got everyone out of the hell they went through.