Chapter XIII: False Zealous

Maybe we're getting it all wrong, and it's the stars who are wishing on us.

- Erin Van Vuren.

⇀↼⛊⛉⛋⛉⛊⇀↼

Izuku blankly stared around his surroundings. He knew that he was in a hospital but he didn't remember much of his childhood. It was blurry and murky in clips of memory. But it was traumatizing enough that his body flinched under the flashes of the thought of remembering something horrible.

He assumes that the trauma that creates these dreams must be concluded with the experimenting from Overhaul's abuse of power over the years. Although, he didn't find it strange that he didn't remember the face of the mother who had borne him into this world. Yet, he felt distant from relationships of family bonds that it felt off.

Even the false mother that tried to force him to accept her was also fake. His dreams were also fake to the point. He wasn't sure that everything was real. To the point that he wanted to close off himself from reality. But that is just a cowardly move.

Despite this, the hospital memory was new to him.

Of them, this memory was different when he saw others with white backgrounds. Only to witness voices and blurred-out figures moving rapidly for his eyes to see. He gets that these memories happened at some point.

But he didn't care to remember until they became persistent at a certain point.

And he didn't like the white walls of the hospital. The color of purity was sickness to his stomach. It wasn't that he used to dislike it. But Overhaul was consistent in having him wear white clothes in the past. It felt wrong to him.

Maybe, his actions were wrong and misleading but his intentions were cruel in Izuku's opinion. Although, Izuku regrets that he didn't get to see Overhaul get kicked in the shin. The excitement and thrill that would bring him.

Sadly, he didn't get to do it. Instead, he opened his eyes to see the drawing of the sun glaring down at him with a judging stare. It was a shame that he couldn't wait for the heroes to save him and Eri. if he had gone that way. It would take time until the heroes could extract them from the underground base.

He could picture how everything could have played before his very eyes. Beating up Overhaul and his henchmen from left and right. The walls of the prison are falling down. As his saviors would have come to his and Eri's rescue. The heroes would have reassured him that they will take everything off. Saying the false hope that they would punish the bad people who have hurt him and Eri. And the taste of freedom would have been in his hands...

How easy that would be... some foolish dream that he made up.

The feeling of glass and rubble embedded in his skin. And the blood dripping down his face would sense the wet texture oozing with fatigue. He foolishly believed that the tale of wishing on stars would bring him hope and haven unlike Mizukume nor Overhaul offered to him.

The fear and despair hanging over him did not do him justice. And the two beings that brought him to his knees, threatening to separate Eri and him for checkups or something mind-numbing games. He couldn't say no.

Still, he played as the toy that Mizukume wanted him to be. He knew that he played safe on the toeing line. He saw the future possibilities that a vision was sent to him. A letter from an unknown person who can see the future that lies ahead. Detailing that he would have met eight people in a hospital where they would have discussed where he and Eri would live with. Could have eliminated the threats with two birds and a stone.

A detective named Naomasa Tsukauchi came forward as he was here for an interview about what happened to him and Eri. As well as the relationship between him and Overhaul and his goonies. Probably dig a little deeper and find out his mother was murdered without remorse.