of death & virtue (read me)

Hey there! Welcome to my new story, which is my entry for Wattpad's Open Novella Contest 2020

Hey there! Welcome to my new story, which is my entry for Wattpad's Open Novella Contest 2020. Before you jump off to read, bear with me while I explain a few things.

If you don't know, the Open Novella Contest is a writing competition where entrants choose a prompt from a list and they are to write a novella (20-40k words) within ~3 months. Each round is split up into different word count goals: 2k, 8k, and the final 20k total. The contest is meant for brand new stories, which means I'm pretty much writing as I go, so I will be updating over these next few months. My first 2k is up now, the next 6k should be up no later than March 28th, and my final (at least) 20k should be up by April 25th.

Out of the 70 prompts, this is the one I chose: Horror and Paranormal - "You are possessed by a demon. The only way to cast it out is to kill 7 people - each representing one of the 7 virtues."

Just from the prompt (and the blurb in my summary), you might expect to see at the very least rated R content. From what I've outlined thus far, this is specifically what you can expect:

   -coarse language

   -suggestive dialogue

   -descriptive and detailed violence and gore

   -some sexual content (nothing super explicit)

   -and general mature themes

If anything in the content goes farther that above, I will make the story mature. But before I do, I want to try to keep it down. But we'll see ;)

                       UPDATE: So, that didn't last very long haha. As of March 12th, I've marked the story as mature. At this point, I've written close to half of the story and have it outlined, and trust me, things will only be getting darker. So, changes in the warnings above have been altered (and underlined) to accurately reflect the content you can expect. I can definitely say now that this story isn't for the faint of heart.

If the judges of the contest are reading this, I will be leaving a total word count note at the end of each chapter so you can see (by the end of said chapter) what my total word count is. 

To anyone else who's participating in the contest this year, I wish you good luck! See you at the finish line!

And last but certainly not least, once you finish reading this, it would mean the world if you checked out my best girl's story as well, Verge, over on her page "lunadaea" (cause I can never get the tag feature to work right).

Without further ado, I hope you enjoy my new horror story!