❦

Groaning, Y/n shuffled around in her bed. Her head had hurt immensely. It was pounding and the voices wouldn't shut up, causing her even more pain than originally.

Reluctantly, she sat up, squinting her eyes as the golden sunlight streamed in slivers through the tattered curtains in her room. She rolled out of bed, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear so it wasn't in her face as she walked to the bathroom. She couldn't help but wonder who had brought her back yesterday. The last thing she remembered was seeing a strange person in the forest before she couldn't see anything at all. She also wondered who had changed her. She'd desperately hoped it was her sister Kate.

Y/n immediately went to her bag in the bathroom, digging through it. Yet, she became more frantic as she couldn't find what she was looking for.

"Where is it?" She pulled away from the bag, her hands shaking. Y/n ran her hands through her hair, tugging at the knots in it. "Where is it!?" She shrieked, grabbing the previously empty pill container on the sink bowl, making her way out of her room. She meant to go to the kitchen, but instead, Y/n found Kate and Flora sitting at the table in the sitting room in front of the kitchen. Y/n silently stood there, holding her empty medication container up, waving it around.

"Where did my medication go?" Y/n demanded, her body shaking. Just then, a curly haired boy turned around in the chair which had faced away from Y/n, an insane grin plastered on his face. Even though there was a crazed smile on his face, something about the boy was absolutely pulchritudinous to Y/n.

"No clue. You should've had enough to last you another two weeks before I had to go get you another prescription." Kate explained, furrowing her eyebrows together. "Did you do something with them?" Kate asked as Y/n shook her head desperately.

"They are the only things keeping me sane, why would I just toss them?" Y/n argued. This time, instead of Kate responding, the boy spoke up.

"We're all insane here." He said eerily. Y/n glanced at him, shivers going down her body. The boy was adorned in a red-orange sweater which seemed old seeing as there were holes here and there in it. Underneath it he had black skinny jeans, ripped up at the knees.

"Y/n, this is Miles. He was supposed to be at school, but... something happened that caused him to come home early." Kate stated, glaring at Miles as he smiled at her. Y/n gulped, nodding her head, making eye contact with Miles. He looked exactly like Flora with the dark eyes that transported one to a different dimension. Shaking her head, Y/n turned back to look at Kate.

"I don't care about Miles!" She snapped, her eyes darting everywhere. "If they don't shut up soon, I might just die!" Screaming, Y/n strode over to Kate and Flora, slamming her empty pill container on the table that they were sitting at. 

"I need more aripiprazole." Y/n whispered, tears streaming down her face.

"Okay." Kate murmured, pulling Y/n into a hug, putting her chin on her little sister's head. "Okay. I'll go out and get some more in a little bit. Can you survive until lunch?" Y/n nodded her head slowly, not wanting to give up her earliest opportunity of getting more of her medication.

"Thank you." She said quietly, sending a gentle smile in Kate's direction before starting her way back up to her room. But not before making eye contact with Miles, whose grin seemed to have grown over the time of Y/n's show.

Y/n had to keep her hand on the wall to be able to stumble back to her room. Her head was spinning and her vision wasn't any better. The voices wouldn't stop either, they were practically screaming at poor Y/n now.

"Boo!" Y/n screamed, falling forward on the ground, using her feet to push her feet to push herself backwards, away from whatever had startled her. Instead of a shadow like Y/n was expecting, she was met with the face of Miles. He wore an insane smile, his eyes frantically looking the girl on the floor up and down.

"You shouldn't be here." Miles spoke softly, stepping closer to Y/n. "However, this is going to be fun for me." Miles said vaguely before stepping over Y/n's hand on the floor, continuing to his room–Y/n had assumed–walking into one of the doors in the hallway, closing it behind himself. Y/n's breathing was unsteady and frantic from when Miles had startled her, the lack of medicine not helping her situation.

Strugglingly, Y/n stood up, continuing the small amount of space to her room, slamming the door open, drowsily. Sighing, she flopped down on the bed, her eyes fluttering shut as she took a deep breath in.

"Y/n. Y/n. Y/n. Y/n." The girl rapidly sat up, her heart beating ridiculously fast. Her head turned this way and that only to be met with nothing. But, in the corner of her room, just behind the dresser, was a corner full of darkness–shadows. Something that Y/n had wanted no partake in.

"Hello?" Y/n questioned into the dark corner. There was a quiet giggle as the shadow in the corner moved, it took the shape of a figure, moving so it was right in front of Y/n on the wall. The build of the figure looked similar to the girl. It was tall and buff, a nice suit-ish wardrobe. Suddenly, lightning flashed outside the window causing Y/n's breath to hitch as she noticed it had lit up the shadow on the wall, showing red that dripped down the wall. Blobs of red just slowly sliding down the wall, puddling on the floor. Soon, the shadow was back and Y/n scrambled backwards on her bed.

"That, that–" Y/n stuttered, pointing at the shadow on the wall, her mouth agape. A smile grew on the shadow's face as Y/n recognized what it was. The black outfit, red splattered throughout the figure's build.

Y/n jumped as the door slammed open revealing a disheveled Miles.

"Miles?" She whispered looking Miles up and down. His sweater hung off his one shoulder, showing off more of his creepily pale skin. His face was scratched up, blooding dripping from his nose, plinking on the floor in Y/n's room. His one eyes was covered by his frizzy hair, his visible eye constricted and searching the girl's room.

"Did... did you see it?" Miles mumbled, walking closer to Y/n's wall in which the shadow had just recently adorned, however it was now gone. Her eyebrows furrowed as he gently touched the wall and dragged his hand across it.

"See what?" Miles turned around to look at the confused girl, rolling his eyes at her.

"Never mind. That was stupid of me to think you would have." He sighed, waltzing over to the door, gripping the doorknob. But before he left, he turned to Y/n, this time grinning again.

"Also, if those medications were so important to you, you shouldn't have left them out in the open." Y/n's jaw slacked and her mouth opened as Miles said that.

"They weren't in the open they were in my bath–"

"Yeah, well, they took a little swim down the sink. If you know what I'm saying." He muttered before shooting Y/n a crazed smile, pulling the door open and leaving her room with a bang as he slammed the door shut. She winced at the loud sound.

Y/n couldn't believe it. Not only had Miles poured her aripiprazole down the drain, but he'd also seen the strange shadow. The shadow who matched the figure in the forest that Y/n had seen before she passed out. The figure covered in blood, laughing at her.

[words : 1334]