v

❦

Y/n flinched as a container was slammed down in front of her, causing her to drop her fork in which she was eating breakfast with. She looked up and met the eyes of Kate who was standing in front of her smiling softly.

"You didn't come out of your room to get your medication yesterday." Kate said softly before moving over to Flora, combing her fingers through the little girl's hair. Flora giggled, a sound that rang throughout Y/n's head due to the fact that she hadn't gotten much sleep the last night–she felt like she'd been hit by a truck. There were too many shadows in the room for her to fall asleep, seeing as the only thing she could think about was the blood that had dripped down the wall and the red from Miles' nose plinking softly on the hardwood.

"Um, yeah. Sorry." Y/n mumbled, continuing to eat her pancakes. She glanced over and saw Miles looking at her, his one eyebrow furrowed. But as soon as she made eye contact with him, he turned away quickly, a slight pink tinting his cheeks.

"Are you okay?" Kate asked, gently placing the back of her hand on Y/n's forehead. Of course, Y/n knew it wasn't sickness, but Kate didn't.

"I just didn't get a lot of sleep, that's all." Y/n said vaguely, standing up and putting her now empty plate in the run down sink. "Now, I'm off to my room. Gotta take these meds." She said sarcastically, grabbing the container of aripiprazole before drowsily walking away. Every step she took seemed to echo down the halls, throwing all of her senses off. The walls seemed to be moving like liquid and the floor was sinking beneath her. The paintings moved and watched Y/n's every move.

Finally, she made it to her room, rushing to the bathroom. Before she could even take the aripiprazole, Y/n fell to the ground, crawling over to the toilet. She hung her head over it, hurling horribly, the stench wafting back into her face. She sat up, throwing her head back so she could take deep breaths, calming herself down. Lazily, Y/n reached for the toilet handle, flushing it before the smell could make the bathroom any worse.

"Knock, knock." Someone said, tapping their fists against the door frame of the bathroom. Y/n hesitantly looked up to see a grinning Miles.

"Why are you in here?" She slurred, using the toilet to help herself stand up. Then, she grabbed her medication, shakily spilling two out into her hand. Y/n tossed them into her mouth dry, eagerly swallowing them. Her body instantly slouched in relief. It had felt so good to have her medicine back. Her body wasn't shaking all the time, the rooms weren't melting and the shadows weren't laughing in her face. Unless that all truly was happening and she was just as sane as she thought she was.

"You left your door open. Heard you throwing up." Miles said, grinning as he bent down to Y/n's height. His one hand was tucked in the front pocket of his jeans while the other reached up to Y/n's face and squeezed her cheeks with his pointer and his thumb. Miles turned her face left and right, inspecting every inch of it. Y/n could feel his breath on her cheek, but forced the heat rising in her face to go away. She was not about to blush in front of this insane boy. Miles simply tutted, shaking his head.