❦

Miles frantically knocked on Y/n's door, his face grim. He had a plan in his mind and he was going to go through with it.

"Y/n!" He snapped, punching the door. He had no tolerance for this, and why should he? It wasn't even really Y/n.

The door clicked as the girl opened it, revealing her emotionless face, her shadowed eyes and pitch-black hair which wasn't hers. Miles walked in the room, pushing past Y/n who tried to keep him out, but he persisted. He sat on the edge of her bed, eyes flitting around the room as he noticed that she had completely destroyed the room. Her curtains torn down and her desk shoved over. Along with the closet door that was swung open so that there wasn't an inch of darkness in the room. However, Miles assumed it was useless now seeing as the darkness was inside of the girl. Swallowing her up whole.

"What?" Y/n spit, standing in the center of the room. Miles noticed that she was standing upon a maroon spot on the carpet, his eyebrows drawing together at the sight of it.

"Get out of her." Miles demanded, clenching his fists and he stood up. "Leave her alone!" He yelled, approaching the girl who hadn't flinched at all.

"Peter I know you're in there! Get out of her." Miles repeated, poking Y/n's chest harshly. "I'll do anything. You can possess me. Please leave her alone." Y/n's body seemed to tense at that, her eyes going darker. When Y/n opened her mouth to speak, instead of words flowing out, a black liquid starting pouring out, soaking into the carpet beneath her, staining over the red spot. Miles backed away, waiting for Peter to make his grand entrance. 

As expected, Y/n's body started convulsing, falling to her knees. Her head was thrown back as a black mist crawled out of her mouth, ears, and eyes. Miles stood his ground, painfully watching as Y/n's body slouched, falling to the side. In front of the boy now floated a cloud of mist. Soon, the mist took the form of none other than Peter Quint, a grin shining in the midst of the darkness.

"Well, she was too sunshine-y for me anyways." Quint chuckled. The mist which made up his figure expanded every time he talked, giving him an animated look. Miles simply laughed at the stupidity of it–a man meant to be scary, but in reality he wasn't.

"Perfect." Miles said. "Now, why won't you just leave us alone?" He quizzed, stepping forward, closer to his once-best friend.

"Like I'd tell." Peter spat, surging towards Miles, his figure seeming to grow. "However... I need a host." Miles had figured Peter would say something like that, fully prepared to give himself into Peter's way.

"Y/n was a ray of light, she fought hard. Too bad I got the best of her." Miles stiffened at the thought of Y/n being crazed. Insane to the max. However, her hair was back to normal, so maybe she wasn't insane?

"You." Quint said, grinning. From the grin dripped his saliva. When Peter spoke it spit saliva all over Miles making the boy cringe and wipe his face with his sleeve. "You're weak because of her." Quint finished.

"No. I'm not."

"Yes you are! You're feeling things because of the girl!" Quint sang, spitting more saliva on Miles. "Too bad...," Quint laughed maniacally, surging forwards again. Miles stumbled backwards as he felt Quint squeeze his shadow into the frail boy's body. Shaking, Miles slid down the wall, hugging himself. He kept thinking, he'd gotten through it once, maybe he could get through it again. For Y/n.

Just barely. A voice rang in Miles' head causing the boy to close his eyes, feeling the darkness flood through him. His body relaxed, his arms falling to his side as his curlier hair poofed as it bled into an unnatural pitch-black. Miles' skin burned like hot metal metal was pressed against every inch of his body, molding him into the perfect host.

While Miles struggled against Quint, Y/n groaned, shifting around on the floor. She'd felt strangely free, like a weight had just been lifted off her chest. Soon, she was scarily aware of the sounds of another person in her room. Rapidly, she sat up, shakiling touching her face, grabbing chunks of her hair, holding it in front of her face. She sighed as she realized her hair was back to normal.

"Y/n...," A raspy voice groaned drawing Y/n's attention over to it. There in front of Y/n was Miles, shaking and crying the same black inky tears that she had imagined once before. She'd desperately hoped that she was imagining it once again, not wanting Miles to actually be in pain. However, realization soon hit her and she saw Miles eyes melt into a black, his iris swirling with his pupils to create a vortex of darkness.

"Miles!" She shouted, rushing over to him, sitting on her knees in front of him. Despite how horrible she felt, she was more concerned for Miles who had now started laughing crazily. He gripped at his hair, tearing some pieces out of his scalp, grinning at Y/n.

"He's back, he's back, he's back!" Miles sang, standing up in a hurry. Y/n followed suit, reaching out to Miles, but quickly pulling her hands away when she saw the bloodlust in his eyes. She recognized it immediately as the shadow–Peter Quint–and her blood filled with adrenaline.

"No, no, no! Miles you idiot!" She screamed, punching his chest. "You shouldn't have taken the bullet like that!" She yelled, pushing him out of her room. She heard Miles laugh as he walked down the hallways, heading towards his room, she had assumed. Suddenly, all of the memories had hit her, overwhelming her.

Mrs. Grose was dead. She'd killed her. Quickly, Y/n glanced down at her wrist seeing the scabbed lines that ran horizontally. The curtains were all torn and shredded on the floor. The desk was upside down by now, the contents spilling out onto the floor. The bathroom tiles were stained pink from the excessive amount of blood that had been spilled onto the floor. Her medications were spilled everywhere, the containers tossed lazily throughout the room.

Y/n spun in circles, taking in her surroundings. Her breathing quickened as she placed a hand on her heart, her mind spinning. A crash could be heard down the hallway as Miles did who-knows-what. Frantically, she ran out the room, through the hallway, stumbling on her own feet. While she was running through the halls, she passed the east-wing.

"That's the east-wing." Flora had said, gripping tighter to Y/n's hand. "I don't go down there." She whispered, turning to look up at the older girl.

"Why not?" Y/n asked, smiling gently.

"Don't want to." Flora had vaguely said. Y/n had felt the way Flora's tiny hand had shaken in Y/n's. The little girl shivering as she thought about the east-wing alone.

Now, here Y/n stood, staring down into the east-wing. Her eyes were clouded with fear as she stepped towards it. There was a tiny giggle and Y/n stepped backwards again as she watched a little girl run across the hallway. At least, Y/n had thought it was a little girl, but she wasn't certain seeing as the hallway was dark, shadows swarming in every crevice.

"Flora?" Y/n called out, but the only thing that Y/n had got as a response was a gargled giggle. Slowly, Y/n stepped into the hallway, her heart thumping in her ears.

[words : 1316

i've been thinking about making a playlist to go with the story, so if you have any song suggestions that would go along with the story, please tell me :))]