viii

❦

After realizing her true feelings for Miles, it was all the more painful for Y/n while Miles was unconscious. 

Those few days Y/n spent inside her room. She was quiet, yet her brain never was. She lived off of adrenaline and the only thing she could think about was Miles. She missed him, all of him. His fierce, insane side, but also his soft side in which he'd only showed to her that once.

There was a soft knock on the girl's door. She whispered her approval for the person to come in. When they did, Y/n was surprised to see Flora.

"Hi." Y/n said, patting the spot of mattress next to her, offering a seat to the younger girl. However, Flora shook her hand, standing still in the door frame.

"Miles is awake. He's asking for you." Flora simply said before closing the door behind her and disappearing. Y/n quickly got out of her bed, running around to find her clothes (she had stayed in her pajamas the entire few days, too tired to change). She found her baggy, black jeans that she had gotten from her sister and her favorite blue, black, and white striped sweatshirt. Before she could fully pull the sweatshirt over her head, she was out the door, walking towards Miles' room.

It'd been about four days since he had gotten hit in the head and Y/n was worried that he'd forget what had happened between them before he was knocked out. Her heart lurched at the thought of him forgetting.

"Miles?" Y/n whispered, knocking on his door before opening it anyways. The room was more of mess than usual. The posters that were once on his walls were all halfway torn down, all of them shredded to some degree. There wasn't a single book on his shelf for they were all scattered on the floor. Y/n had assumed that it was from four days ago, when they all went berserk and started flying everywhere. Continuing, Miles' drum set seemed to be normal, however, the top of the drums were all burst open. Must've been from Miles banging on them so harshly. Lastly, all the pictures on his bulletin board were torn and thrown on the floor, except for the one of Miles and his friend, the one who was haunting them.

All in all, the room gave Y/n the goosebumps. The windows were open, but the room seemed to darken as soon as the girl opened the door.

"Y/n." He whispered snapping Y/n out of her daze in which she was observing his room. "You need to stay away." Miles growled, thrashing around in his bed.

"You need to stay away!" He repeatedly screamed. Y/n panicked and ran closer to Miles. He seemed to be crying, but his tears were black. The ink ran down his cheeks, smudging as he tossed and turned in his tantrum. Miles reached his hands up and started scratching at his face, his nails clawing at the black ink. Y/n grabbed his hands trying to get him to stop, however, he wouldn't.

"Miles, stop!" She yelled at him. Suddenly, Miles body started spasming. He wheezed as he struggled to breathe. Miles' arms were limp by his side. Then, Y/n furrowed her brows as something black seemed to poke out of Miles' mouth.