Chapter 3

I held my stomach in hunger, and groaned as I looked up at the clock. I opened my door and went out into the hallway, and scurried off to the kitchen. I looked through the cabinet I could reach and, nothing. I looked up on the counter, and saw the cookie jar. My mouth watered as I thought of the chewy chocolate chips cookies inside of it. 

I reached up to grab it, but it was just out of my reach. I jumped a little, but still couldn't grab it. I pulled a chair over to the counter, and stood on it to reach. I then heard footsteps approaching, and Uncle came into view. 

He was reading the newspaper and walking at the same time. As he walked by, he swiped thr jar of cookies off of the counter, and put it on thr top shelf, before exciting the room. I hopped down from the chair, and put it back at the table. 

Sighing, I returned to my room, to find Frankie sitting on the floor, petting Mikey, and Patrick and Pete on the table, making faces at Ray. I smiled a little, seeing that Mikey liked Frankie. 

"Hi, Gee Gee." Frankie said with a smile as he continued to pet Mikey. 

"Hi." 

I went over to my bed, recalling that I had crackers hidden under there. I pulled out a little box, and sure enough, they were still there. I stuffed a few in my mouth, and placed the lip back on the box, and put it back under my bed.  

Wiping the crumbs off of myself, I sat beside Frankie, and we played with Mikey. 

******  

"I like your drawing, Gee Gee." Frankie complimented. 

"Thanks." I replied. It was a drawing of him and I. My arm around him with a smiles on our faces. The drawing was in pencil. I handed it to him. "You can have it, if you want."

"Thanks, Gee Gee!" He said, excepting it, and giving me a hug. 

He smiled at it. I couldn't help but laugh a little. "Hey, Frankie?" I asked, 

"Uh huh?" 

"We should make you your own space." 

"Can we?" I nodded. "Yay!" 

We got to work eminently. I pushed some boxes out of the way, clearing up a corner, it wasn't a dark corner, it wasn't too far from the window. I decide to go get a broom, and a few other things. 

I rummaged through a closet, finding a carpet, and a little table lamp. I grabbed those, put them inside an empty box I had also found in there, and carried it to the other side of the house, where I'd hopefully find more stuff, on my way, I grabbed the broom. 

"Hey, Gerard." Uncle said. "What are you doing with all of that stuff?" 

I lifted the boxed a bit higher, to keep from dropping them. "Oh, nothing. Just doing stuff in my room." 

He nodded and carried along with his business.  

"Oh yeah, and uncle?" I asked. 

"Yup." 

"Thanks for giving me that puppet Frankie." 

"Uh, you're welcome, kiddo." He ruffled up my hair and excited the room. 

A smile spread across my face and I went to the basement, passed uncle's workshop, the kitchen, and living room, down a hallway. I set the box down and opened the door, reveling the dusty room. I waved a hand in front of my face, trying to blow the dust away. 

"Hmm." I hummed, looking around a bit.  

I found a little box filled with random things, I grabbed that and put it aside. As I rummaged through more things, I found some books sitting on a little table. I blew the dust off and looked at the one that I picked up first. It said, 'Fox In Socks'. I looked at the others, 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar', 'The Kitten Book', 'Where The Wild Ones Are', and a few other. I put them inside the box and then continued my search for a bed or something for Frankie.