CHAPTER ELEVEN: MAD AS A HATTER

WAYNE TOWER, GOTHAM CITY,1987:
While Batman stood, watching over Gotham he suddenly  heard the alarm's from a nearby store ringing.

He glided down to the rooftop of the store, and saw a black van parked up outside of the front entrance, and heard talking and fast movement coming from inside. "C'mon, we haven't got time!", one of them shouted as Batman dropped down, to see four thugs wearing black leather jackets and plastic rabbit masks, covering their faces. "Shit!", one of them said as he began to fire at Batman, so he rolled forward behind a wall. "Where'd he go?!", another one shouted and then suddenly Batman cane diving in at them, knocking one against the wall, another, had his face smashed into the checkout and the last two, had both been smashed into each other. Batman began o hear ticking, in one of their pockets so went to investigate and pulled out a small pocket watch, suddenly the van had exploded, and Batman was pushed knocked back due to the effect. Batman's head went fuzzy, and his sight was blurred, his ears rung and his suit was damaged. "Master Wayne, are you alright?!", Alfred asked but had no responded, "Master Wayne?!", Alfred said again, and Batman laid back onto the ground, unconscious.

FOUR DAYS LATER, THE BAT-BUNKER:
"Since the Arkham incident, these thugs have been emerging everywhere around Gotham", Bruce said to Alfred, looking at a newspaper with an image of thugs, wearing rabbit masks rioting in the streets. "You think whoever started this, was in Arkham, during the riot?", Alfred wondered and then Bruce replied, "possibly, we don't know for sure. Perhaps this is just a coincidence...". Bruce looked up on his suit, which had been heavily damaged and said to Alfred, "I'm gonna need a new one of these, if I'm to find the one behind this", then Alfred replied, "I'll just make a call to Mr. Fox then, shall I?", "I need to get back out there, Alfred. I can't risk cops dying because of this". "Well...lets get to work then", Alfred said as Bruce nodded and put down the newspaper onto a desk.

THE NARROWS:
"This is it", Detective Crispus Allen said to his partner, Renee Montoya, who sat beside him in a car. The two stepped out, loaded their pistols and headed towards an abandoned warehouse.

"GCPD, hands in the air!", Detective Allen shouted as the two, found a bunch of thugs wearing rabbit masks, surrounding a young woman, with blonde hair. The thugs panicked, they brought out their weapons and began firing at the cops. "Get begins something!", Detective Allen told Montoya, as she followed his lead, and they both took cover, behind some machinery. Detective Allen, then taken a look at the thugs, and began to fire back at them, with Montoya following his move.

The thugs had all been shot dead, so the two detectives ran towards the hostage and began to untie her. "They're fucking crazy...all of em", the woman said and then Detective Allen told her, "it's okay, you're safe". The two then escorted her to their car, when suddenly two other cars had pulled up, filled with more thugs. "Get behind us!", Montoya told her and then suddenly, a man, wearing a green top hat stepped out of the car. The two managed to get a better look at him, and along with the hat, he wore, a pair of yellow boots, purple suit pants patterned with dark blue lines, a shiny, green trench coat, a yellow waistcoat, patterned with dark blue lines, similar to the pants, a white shirt, with a blue bow-tie, with some leather, purple gloves covering his hands. "Well, isn't this a great night for a party!", the man shouted as the thugs aimed their weapons at the two detectives and the hostages.

THE FOLLOWING NIGHT, GOTHAM CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT ROOFTOP:
Commissioner Gordon, stood on the rooftop of the GCPD, next to the Batsignal, shining the light in the sky but there was no sign of Batman. Suddenly Jim heard something, so he turned around and saw someone standing there, but it wasn't who he expected. "Batman's quite busy at the moment, so he sent me", he heard as The Cat stood, resting her arm on the light. "Really, Batman sent you?", Jim questioned and then she responded, "me and him are closer than you'd think". Jim then rolled his eyes back and told her, "Detective Montoya and Allen haven't been seen since this morning. They were sent to investigate a reported base of the rabbits. You heard anything?", he asked. "If I did know....I'd appreciate being removed from the most wanted list", The Cat responded then he asked, "what do you know?", "there's been a drug going around the streets, known as Wonderland. Rumours are that the drug was created by the gang them self, called the Wonderland gang for your info....I don't know who their leader is, however...I might know someone who might....".