CHAPTER FIFTEEN: HUSH

MOMENTS LATER, BRUCE WAYNE'S PENTHOUSE:
Bruce had returned back to his home, in shock to see Alfred lying on the ground. "Alfred?!", Bruce panicked as he quickly approached him. Alfred was still alive, and was applying pressure to the wound, "I'm gonna call 911!", Bruce said as he rushed to the telephone. "This is Bruce Wayne, I need help fast, my friend has been stabbed!".

SOMETIME LATER, GOTHAM GENERAL HOSPITAL:
Bruce sat on a chair, beside Alfred's bed at the hospital, looking at Alfred, while he slept after surgery. "Hey", Bruce heard a voice say, as Lucius entered the room, "we're gonna need to check the CCTV footage, I need to catch whoever's doing this...I can't let anyone else get hurt, it stops now!", Bruce said to Lucius as he saw the anger in Bruce's eyes. "Everyone in my life is being targeted, you might be one of them...", Bruce said to Lucius, "you cannot blame yourself for this Bruce, you're a good person, your father would be proud of who you've become", Lucius replied. "You cannot give up", Lucius told him, then he added, "I can go and check the CCTV if you want, maybe I can find who did this?", "No. Whoever did this, could be lurking around my place, I need you to stay in the bunker, do not let anyone in besides me, keep your eyes open and keep your guard up, whoever it is who's doing this is close", Bruce said to him, and then Lucius suggested, "you think maybe they work at Wayne Enterprises?", "possibly...that's not bad...", and then Bruce thought as Lucius suggested that idea, he remembered Talia was working at Wayne Enterprises, she'd been to Bruce's home, and she'd interacted with his close friends, did she do this?, he thought to himself.

THE FOLLOWING NIGHT, GCPD ROOFTOP:
Hours later, Bruce had suited up as Batman to meet Jim on the rooftop. Batman stood behind Gordon, as he looked up to the sky at the signal. Batman knocked the signal as if he was knocking a door, so Jim turned to him and handed him over a case file, "Wayne Enterprises employees...people have reported seeing Bruce Wayne at one of the murder scenes, we've been digging into it, I don't believe Bruce would do this", Jim explained to Batman, as he looked through the files. "IT MUST BE SOMEONE CLOSE TO WAYNE, IF NOT OBSESSED WITH HIM. KEEP AN EYE ON HIM, MAKE SURE THAT HE'S SAFE", Batman told Jim and then Jim responded, "we've already spoken to him, he says it wasn't him, I've known Bruce for a long time, I know him". Bruce was shocked and confused to hear what Jim has told him, as Jim did not visit him. "WHEN DID YOU VISIT HIM?", Batman questioned and then Jim told him, "yesterday, I stopped by his place for a bit, we discussed the murders and I know he's not behind this". Batman turned away from Jim, "I'LL CONTACT YOU IF I FIND ANYTHING, I NEED TO DO SOME DIGGING", he said as he jumped off of the rooftop, and glided down into the Batmobile and drove off.

"Bruce...it can't be....you....you stabbed Alfred!", Lucius said to Batman through his comms, "WHAT?!", Batman questioned, "I'm looking at you right here, I've hacked through the CCTV...", Lucius began to explain, but Batman had interrupted him and told him, "I'M HEADING BACK TO THE BUNKER, I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS", as he pushed down a pedal and accelerated through the city.

THE BAT-BUNKER, MOMENTS LATER:
Batman had stormed out of the Batmobile and had approached the computer, "SHOW ME THE FOOTAGE", Batman told Lucius and then Lucius got it up, "this is impossible...how could I have done this, I was at a meeting. Make sure that no one gets their hands on this footage!", Bruce said to him, then Lucius responded, "I would suggest Jane Doe...however she's a female so...", "she's still in Arkham?", Bruce asked and then Lucius replied, "she is". "I don't know what else we can do, Bruce...", Lucius said and then Bruce replied in deep thought, "all of the victims have had their faces removed, wearing bandages...most of them have been connected to me....my friend Tommy had been murdered....his father was a plastic surgeon...both of his parents are dead....", he thought, and then told Lucius, "I need to see it".

GOTHAM CEMETERY, SOMETIME LATER:
Bruce and Lucius had arrived at the Gotham Cemetery, to dig up the body of Tommy Elliot. Both Bruce and Lucius didn't like the idea of this, however they had to be sure that Tommy was dead.