CHAPTER TWELVE: LATE, LATE, SAYS THE WHITE RABBIT

THE BAT-BUNKER, A FEW DAYS LATER:
Bruce stood, lifting weights in the bunker, shirtless, wearing black pants, his body was covered in sweat as he'd been working for hours. "Well, you seem famous...everyone in the news seems to be missing you", Alfred said to Bruce as he exited the elevator, "you heard anything from Jim?", Bruce asked him and then Alfred told him, "he's still been looking into Tetch, he says he hasn't been seen...they also have no update on Montoya and Allen's disappearance". Bruce dropped the weights, and walked towards his desk and wiped the sweat off his face with a black towel, and then sat down in deep thought. "Miss Raatko called by the way, asking if you'd be interested in dinner?", Alfred said to him and then Bruce responded, "How'd she get our number?", then Alfred replied, "Well, I thought you'd give it her". Bruce was confused, then slicked his hair backwards and asked, "when did she say?", then Alfred told him, "tomorrow, seven o'clock".

MEANWHILE, GOTHAM CITY POLICE DEPARTMENT:
"Hey, we've got someone on the line for you", A police officer said to Jim, then he picked up his phone and said, "it's Gordon...", then he heard, "Hello, James...". "Tetch...", Jim said then Jervis replied, "well done James....I'm going to give you an opportunity...there's a van outside, if you place your gun on your desk, and get in the van...I will take you to your lost detectives....you must come alone Jim, or else...I'll kill both you and the hostages...the Clock's ticking....", then the call had ended. Was this a trap, or was Jervis giving up the hostages?, Jim thought to himself. He looked at a photo of his wife, and his daughter and then looked at his badge, he taken a breath and then left his office towards the exit of the precinct and found the van parked around the corner. He walked towards the van, then climbed into the back, as it began to drive away from the precinct.

THE BOWERY:
The Cat, crouched on top of a balcony, watching down on a group of Rabbits, who looked like they were smuggling things. "Alright, that's all of em", one of them said, as he threw a duffle bag into the boot of a car, as some other thugs searched through the bags. "What's up?", The Cat asked them sarcastically, the one of the rabbits questioned, "who the fuck are you supposed to be?", laughing at her. She then dropped down from the balcony, "ohhh, she's tough", one of them said, the she pulled out her whip, and hit him across the face, kicked him in his groin and then in the face, and then kicked him into the wall, causing his mask to break and his face smash against the wall, leaving blood on his face. Another rabbit, pulled out a small knife, so The Cat sprinted towards him, jumped against the wall, bouncing off, then landed onto the ground, tripped the thug up by swiping at his legs, causing him to drop to the ground. She then kicked the mask off one of the rabbits and scratched him in the eye, using her sharp claws, then elbowed him in the left side of his cheek, kneed him in his stomach and then smashed his head into the wall. The Rabbits had tried to take her down, however she was too fast for them, leaving only one left. "What do you want?!", he cried and then she questioned, "I wanna know, where your gang is hiding out", "then what, you'll kill me?, he screamed and then The Cat told him, "no, I'll let you go". "You're a fucking liar!", He shouted, then she asked, "do you wanna live or not?", "okay...he's hiding out at that old Krank Co. Toys warehouse, down by the amusement mile...", the thug told her then she smiled and asked, "now that wasn't so hard, was it?", the thug responded, "now...can you let me go?","I dunno....I'm sure the cops would love to find out where your base is", she said to him. He panicked and then began to run, so she pulled out her whip, tripped him up, so he landed face, flat on the ground and then stamped on his face, "they never learn...", she said to herself.

MEANWHILE, KRANK CO. TOYS, INDUSTRIAL DISTRICT, AMUSEMENT MILE:
Jim had arrived at Tetch's secret hideout and was greeted, "Jim...I'm so happy you could make it, sit....please, care for some tea?", Jervis asked as he smiled at him, sitting at a table with Montoya and Allen tied to chairs, besides Jervis, with the blonde haired woman, and some rabbits. Jim sat down on a chair, and said, "I'm here, now let the hostages go....that was the deal, right?", "oh, James...the party's only just begun, at least try some of my homemade Tea", Jervis responded. Jim looked behind him, to see two large men, wearing identical yellow shirts, with blue ties, light red, waistcoats, red pants, a pair of black shoes, with white gloves and red balaclava's, covering their faces. "Ah yes, I almost forgot...meet Tweedledee and Tweedledum, the terrible tweeds!", Jervis said enthusiastically, as they approached Jim's chair. "Are you okay?", Jim asked both Montoya and Allen, but had been interrupted by Tech saying, "I must ask, where has your friend been lately?", "who are you talking about?", Jim questioned. Tetch then made a bat sign with his hands, imitating flapping wings, "how about we make a call?", Tetch said as he dialled a number on his telephone. "Hello Harvey", Tetch said down the phone, to Harvey Bullock. "Tetch?!", he questioned, then Tetch laughed and asked, "is Jim Gordon, around...I've been trying to contact him all day?", "don't listen to him, Harv!", Jim shouted and then was hit by Tweedledee, "oh, won't you...just, play....along!", Tech shouted at Jim. "What do you want, Tetch?!", Harvey questioned and then Tetch told him, "I want Jim Gordon's new friend, I heard that he hadn't been spotted for a while, am I right?". "We haven't seen The Batman for a few nights, we don't know anything", Harvey told Tetch, then he responded, "well...bad luck for you then, if Batman doesn't show up by tonight...I'm going to kill James, along with Montoya and Allen...and you don't want that, do you?", "I'm not playing games, where are you?!", Harvey shouted down the phone and then Tetch said, "shhhh....the clocks ticking....", as he ended the call.