CHAPTER SIXTEEN: HARVEY DENT

TEN MONTHS LATER, GCPD BUILDING, GOTHAM CITY:
"You know, I don't really care about politics and all that stuff, I'm just not very political, however I've been reading this report, and I'm gonna say something...this guy's gonna save us", a police officer said, reading the Gotham Gazette, with the headline 'PUTTING A DENT IN CRIME', as District Attorney, Harvey Dent was currently running for Mayor. "He's what the city needs, The Batman runs around scaring the shit outta criminals, yet they all come back. We don't need this masked vigilante, what we need is a true hero who can put these criminals behind bars for good", another officer replied and then the first told him, "at first I thought that The Batman was a complete lunatic, now....I kinda respect him, he's helped us out a lot, but we need someone who can put them all behind bars without leaving them hanging from gargoyles", he laughed as they turned to the TV to watch the news. "Recently, District Attorney, Harvey Dent has been running for Mayor of Gotham, while already beginning his war on crime. After putting the Skeevers family, crime boss, Edward Skeevers behind bars, the city have already put their trust in Dent, and he aims to clean the streets and put a 'Dent' in crime. This is Jack Ryder, reporting from GCN, thank you",   News reporter, Jack Ryder said on the tv, as the officers laughed and said, "Ryder...", shaking their head.

MEANWHILE, THE NARROWS:
Harvey had taken up the law into his own hands, as he'd be doing some inside work, on taking down the Maroni crime family. He held a gangster against the wall, punched him int he face, causing his nose to bleed and told him, "I want you and your family to leave Gotham, and  don't even think about coming back", as he kneed him in the stomach and threw him onto the concrete ground. "Go on, get outta here!", Dent told him as the gangster began to run away, wiping the blood from his nose. Dent then turned to walk away, finding Batman standing behind him, "SOME ADVICE, IF YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE THE LAW INTO YOUR OWN HANDS, I RECOMMEND WEARING A MASK", he advised him. "How'd you find me?", Harvey asked and then Batman told him, "WHEN YOU LEARNT ABOUT WHERE MEMBERS OF THE FAMILY HAD BEEN HIDING OUT, I FIGURED THAT YOU'D PAY THEM A VISIT". Dent nodded and then Batman asked, "WHAT DID YOU GET?", then he responded, "apparently Sal Maroni's been bribing everyone to get his men outta jail, this seems like he's up to something, now that everyone else is behind bars, the only real rival Maroni has is the law", "TELL JIM WHAT YOU KNOW, HE KNOWS SOME PEOPLE THAT CAN BE USEFUL", Batman told him and then Harvey asked, "and where are you going?", "TO DO SOME WORK", as Batman grappled up onto a rooftop, disappearing into the darkness.

SOMETIME LATER, GCPD ROOFTOP:
After his meeting with Dent, Batman had arrived at the GCPD building to meet Jim on the rooftop. "I MET WITH DENT, HE SAYS THAT MARONI'S USING BRIBERY TO GET HIS MEN OUTTA JAIL", Batman told him, then Gordon responded, "we received a call from Blackgate, saying that Edward Skeevers is dead...", "SO, HE'S KILLING OTHER MOBSTERS TO TAKE CONTROL?", Batman suggested and then Jim answered, "he could be...if that's the case, then we're gonna need to make sure that the one's locked away are in protective custody...Arkham and Blackgate are gonna need to be under lockdown". "WHAT ABOUT DENT'S SPEECH TOMORROW?", Batman asked and then Jim responded, "we're gonna need snipers on the rooftops, all units protecting the area...wait a minute, Isn't Bruce Wayne gonna be there?", "IF THE MARONI'S ARE GONNA ATTACK, THEN WE CAN CATCH THEM OUT. YOU'RE GONNA NEED MEN PATROLLING THE AREA, WITH MEN IN THE AIR, LOOKING OVER THE AREA", Batman answered and then Jim replied, "right then, I'll send a squad over to Arkham and Blackgate, in the meantime we need to plan ahead".

THE FOLLOWING MORNING, OUTSIDE OF GOTHAM CITY HALL:
"People of Gotham, thank you for coming. I've called this speech for two reasons, one is to say thank you to all of you, for your time and effort in supporting me with my campaign, and two, to say that our work in cleaning up Gotham, can't be complete without you. Over these past two years, Gotham has been worse than ever, with the uprising of criminals throughout the city, people dying, an increase in the number of   People going into extreme poverty. Whether he's here or not, I want to say a big thank you, to the man who has helped in cleaning up this city, The Batman", Harvey Dent spoke to a large crowd, outside of city hall, with rain pouring down from the grey skies, standing next to Commissioner Jim Gordon and Bruce Wayne. As Bruce stood next to Harvey, he noticed a laser appear on Dent's forehead, so he dived into him, knocking him on the ground, while they heard gun fire. Bruce ran with Harvey, Behind a police car and asked, "you okay?", then he responded, "yeah...what the hell's going on?", then Bruce told him, "I don't know, stay here, don't move", as Bruce ran into the crowd, who were running for their lives, pushing people out of the way as he headed towards a back ally. He began to climb up a ladder, leading to the rooftop and found a man, wearing a red sweater, with a black tactical vest, followed by black cargo pants, black combat boots, black tactical gloves, with a white balaclava, with a red lense, covering his right hand eye. He then noticed Bruce, and began to rappel down the side of the building. Bruce ran to the side, seeing a car drive off, which the shooter had entered, seeing the number plate, 'GC 71950'. Bruce then pulled out his phone, to send a photo of the number plate to Alfred.