CHAPTER THIRTEEN: FACELESS

ONE WEEK LATER, GOTHAM CITY HALL:
Jim Gordon had been called out to a crime scene, taking place at Gotham City hall. Mayor Hamilton Hill, had been mysteriously murdered, leaving bandages covering his face. Batman had entered the room, the cops, the CSI's and paramedics had all gone silent. Batman looked down on the body of Mayor Hill, and asked, "HAVE YOU CHECKED THE CCTV?", "all of the camera's have been destroyed, we don't know how. We went to check but there were not footage", Jim answered. "YOU SAID THERE WERE NO BULLETS?", Batman asked, "the Forensic scientists had checked the bodies, it seems as if the killer is hiding all the evidence. There's no sign of anything, just bodies", Jim explained. Batman had then noticed some writing on a bodies arm, so he had gone to investigate, 'iS tHiS hOw YoU wAnT yOuR wOrLd To EnD?' the writing said, carved into his skin by a knife. "A calling card?", Jim thought and then Batman responded, "POSSIBLY...". "DID ANYONE ESCAPE ARKHAM, DURING THE RIOT?", Batman questioned and then Jim answered, "I don't think so, I'm pretty sure we've got everyone. The Joker's still in, Sionis, Pyg, they're all there". "Mhm", Batman said quietly, "you think we should go to Arkham?", Jim asked and then Batman told him, "GET ME A LIST OF EVERY SINGLE INMATE IN ARKHAM, AND PROOF THEY'RE IN THE ASYLUM", "alright, where are you going?", Jim asked and then Batman responded, "I'LL BE IN TOUCH, CONTACT ME WHEN YOU'VE GOT SOMETHING", as he walked through the corridor to exit City hall.

A FEW HOURS LATER, BRUCE WAYNE'S PENTHOUSE:
"I must say, Bruce...this is delicious", Talia said to Bruce as they sat and ate dinner at his table, "Don't thank me, thank the chef", Bruce said to her and then Talia turned to Alfred and said, "Thank you Alfred, this really is good", "My please, Miss Raatko, I hope the steak isn't too tough", then Talia responded, "it's lovely". "Right then, I guess I'll leave you two alone then. Gimme a shout if you need anything", Alfred said to them, then Bruce replied, "Thanks, Alfred".

MEANWHILE, ARKHAM ASYLUM:
"God, who the hell's doing this?", Harvey Bullock questioned as there had been another murder, taken place in the asylum. "Doctor Thomas Elliot...he was a friend of Bruce Wayne's as a kid", Jim said as he kneeled down and looked at the name tag of the body of one of the dead doctors , who'd be killed and had his face cut off, with a bandage wrapped around. "He was one of our finest Doctors here...", Hugo Strange said, with a look of distraught on his face. "I want you to put the asylum on lockdown, no one in, and no one out. We're gonna search this place and catch the one who's doing this", Jim said to Strange, then he asked, "and what if, the killer isn't here?", "well, we'll find out", Jim replied. "Alright, lets go", Harvey announced as the police officers began to set up a crime scene.

BRUCE WAYNE'S PENTHOUSE, THE NEXT MORNING:
Bruce had awoke, laying in bed, with a headache. He looked around his room, noticing that his clothes were on the floor, with the door slightly open. Bruce stood out of bed, putting some pants on, wiping his eyes and left his bedroom, "Ah, Master Bruce!", Alfred said as he sat on the couch, reading a newspaper. "Feeling a bit rough, are we?", Alfred asked the Bruce responded, "what happened last night?", as Bruce couldn't remember a lot of the events, from the previous night. "We didn't have a lot to drink, and where's Talia?", Bruce questioned, then Alfred told him, "she took off, I told her if she wanted to go home, I'd order her a taxi". "What time did she leave?", Bruce asked Alfred and then Alfred told him, "around Nine". Bruce went into deep thought, then Alfred said to him, "Mr, Fox called, he wants you to meet him in the bunker", then Bruce responded, "What's up?", "I didn't ask", Alfred said, as Bruce then made his way back to his bedroom, to get a change of clothes.

MEANWHILE, BLACKGATE PRISON:
The GCPD had arrived at Blackgate, since there had been another murder, this time involving the warden. "Any guards been transferred from Arkham to Blackgate lately?", Jim asked one of the guards, then he responded, "nah, not that I know of...". "Let me check the CCTV", Jim said to the guard, then he responded, "yeah, c'mon", as they made their way to the CCTV room.