Chapter 5: secrets

Xueqing's POV:
[ Starts from when the woman says her last line(from chap 4) ]

"Well... I've a certain edge over those loony doctors. Just a little something that they don't have..." The woman said with an evil smile.

*The flowering species nearby started swaying when the wind had come after she said her piece*

I suddenly felt a sense of fear, fear of the impending danger. Was she going to do something to me? I was deeply afraid. I always had that feeling, perhaps because there was no one to look out for me anymore...

"What do you possess?" I asked the woman. I wasn't quite sure if she would tell me because in books and movies, the person who had something would never say it unless forced to.

"I know your past, those hidden memories. I know you." The woman said with force. I was a bit shocked, I mean if she knew me, why didn't she visit me at the hospital? Why didn't she come forward earlier? Why why and why?

The mysterious woman POV:

"I know your past, those hidden memories. I know you." I said to Xueqing confidently. She looked rather shocked and I was quite pleased, mainly because I wanted to play around with her.

Why? Because she was the one who made me waste my life away, change it but not putting it back in place. I need my revenge on her.

"As I said before, I can't reveal my name but remember my face for I will come and find you another day." I dropped another bombshell on her and walked away without seeing her next reaction. Guess she might a bit of headache right now. Hmm...well so be it.

I waved my right hand at her while walking and I couldn't even be bothered if she could see it. Bye Xueqing hello... Scarlet~

Xueqing POV:

"As I said I can't reveal my name, but remember my face for I will come and find you another day." The woman said before walking away perhaps in glee.

I can't remember her at all, why did she refuse to give me her name, it would have helped me a lot. At that point I wanted to curl myself up into a ball and cry, cry because I couldn't remember. I want to remember but it's just so hard and tiring. Why?

As I watched her back become smaller and smaller, my eye teared and I felt those invisible tears flow down like a waterfall. I couldn't stop it, I couldn't keep my emotions in check.

I felt my whole body slide down the railing and onto the burning hot wood. It was hot but I was numbed to the pain...

Dishen POV:

"Xiao-Yao? Do you want to eat?" I asked her while knocking on her room door. As there was no answer, I left thinking she might be sleeping.

I walked into my room and started to punch the punching bag hard. Although Diyao might be awake but she seemed different. There was just this barrier between us that I couldn't explain it. I was momentarily shocked that day when Diyao said that Xueqing's memory loss was such a pity.

My darling sister would never say that. Although she explained that it was because she wanted me and Xueqing to end up together, there was just this weird feeling hanging in the air.

Xueqing...she was just pathetic, she could have been the best psychologist had she not....not done those things. My mind wandered back to that scene...

"是我把你给改变的, 对不起." I said with sadness. What have I done to make this angel into a devil? I felt like banging my head into the wall...

"不用跟我道歉,由一个美丽虚假的梦醒过来,反而活得更实在." Xueqing said without any expression. It seemed as if all her emotions had died away, leaving her emotionless, very much like a ghost.

"我已经決定去自首了,我会承认当年是我杀害你父亲. 我𣎴能对你做出任何䃼偿,不过这一切是由我开始,就有我来结束...."

I didn't even have a chance to make it up to her. She could have let me go and surrender myself to the police, for my due justice. She could have killed me, let me have regrets, but at least she was sane...

Diyao/ Scarlet POV:

I hurried back to the house, I had left the house for a short period of time to visit Xueqing, to see if she had really lost her memory. My conclusion was that she was really not faking it and it made me sort of gleeful. I mean, I can play with her as if she was my Pinocchio.

But before playing with her, I had to cross the next obstacle. Getting home without letting my brother know, lest he might send me to those doctors again for treatment. I had enough with one Xueqing, I'm not going to risk it again with another.

I unlocked the front door and making sure my brother was not there, I tiptoed to my room. Just when I was about to open the room door, I heard foot steps of someone coming down. My heart raced like a sports car and I remembered that my room made a terrible creaking noise when opened.

Finally left with no choice, I opened the room door and pretended to fall on the floor. That left a really painful impact on my leg, ouch.....

Hey there! Tried my very best already, and as I'm going overseas, this was written hurriedly. So you all should know by now that scarlet is the mysterious woman. So do you think she wants her revenge or what? Like and commenting really makes a huge difference. Anyways, for more updates of the story, follow @/gs_rangel_2189 . Oh and I'm hoping to reach 400+ reads soon. Thanks for supporting me and till next time....BYE! :)

~YN~