Chapter 8

Dishen POV:

When I woke up, I found myself in the living room of Xueqing's house, my hands and legs binded up with a string. There was no trace of any other person in the room and I felt slightly afraid. As my head turned slowly towards the left, I remembered the break up with Xueqing...

"我知道这样是不够的,我真的愿意做任何事来赎罪." I said apologetically. "你接近我到底有什么目的? 你是什么人?" She asked me as her tears flowed down her face. I was ashamed of myself now as I sat on her living room floor. I caused her father's death then her uncle's, truly although I had escaped from physical punishment, the punishment came mentally. As I always had flashbacks of myself...of myself doing all the bad things.

I guessed I could never be free of this mental torment. And now right here in the previous occupants of whom I had indirectly killed, I felt even more afraid then I was before. As if they may come and take me with them...

Xueqing POV:

It must have been an hour or maybe two when I finally woke up after having been knocked by Scarlet I assumed. The knock to my head had surprisingly made me remember my past. The past by which I didn't even want to remember, I couldn't imagine myself being so evil than I was. My plans to live a life anew was no longer valid, much as I want to just forget about that past I couldn't at all.

"So you're finally awake huh." I glanced up to see Scarlet smirking at me happily. "I bet you can remember everything now. That's great considering that I'll be able to live my new life without you acting all innocent." "What are you planning to do? Are you ready to leave your brother when he loves you so dearly?" I asked out of curiosity though my heart ached when I thought of Dishen.

"He's knocked out too, sitting at the floor of your living room. Hmm, two lovebirds separated by a floor." I was immensely afraid of Scarlet now, it was as if she didn't care about her brother, like she wanted to forget everything and live anew? Was she planning to kill us? "After you're killed, I'll flee the country. I'll make it seem like my brother killed you instead. Brilliant idea huh, you're not the only one that can come up with such ideas." I was right about her wanting to kill me but I didn't understand how she could just shift the blame to Dishen.

"You can kill me but your brother... He's your biological brother! Can you bear to just party your life away as your brother serves his term or probably end up killed?" "He's my brother, he would be willing to sacrifice his life for me." With that Scarlet went out of the room as if letting me savor the last moments of my death before I was killed.

Scarlet POV:

I breathed in and out a few times. Just a few more steps before I could finally live my life as Scarlet. No one, nothing could stand in my way, not even my brother. I walked down the stairs, only to see my brother was awake. He saw me and turned in my direction, "Diyao? What are you doing?" I laughed a little, seeing the fact that the lovebirds's first words were slightly the same. "Scarlet you mean. 哥, I'm sick of being your Diyao, your puppet. I want to be myself for once but I can't...if you both are not gone, how am I to be Scarlet?" He looked at me with his eyebrows furrowed, as if he didn't approve of what I was to do.

"哥, be my scapegoat please. This is the last thing that you can do for me. You want me to be happy don't you? Will you please help me, just this last time, I promise I'll live anew." He stared at me with uncertainty, I was sure he would sacrifice his life in exchange for my happiness before. But now...I wasn't sure he could do it...

Dishen POV:

I was shocked at how she wanted me to take the rap for her. It seemed like she was bent on doing so, like she truly wanted me to do it. It reminded me of when we were kids.... "哥, if I do something really wrong, will you protect me from harm?" Back then I just laughed it off and told her that I would protect her as I was sure she wouldn't do such a serious thing. But thinking back, i think she really believed in my words, too much...