Chapter 6

Diyao/scarlet POV:
[ Starts after she falls ]

"Ah!" I screamed loudly, my body in a very awkward position.

My brother rushed down the remaining steps and helped me up. "你为什么自己出来呢?" I was glad he didn't suspect I was lying to him, guess I could act instead of being the counsellor I was before.

He helped me back to my room and went out to get food for me. Xueqing... I was not going to let her get away with it so easily. Why could she forget everything while we the living had to remember them all. Why couldn't it be one lives while the other dies? Fate was making fun of the three of us.

I'm not going to say I'm the nice weak Diyao because I'm scarlet. She was my true self, the real me. I can't keep up with the pretense because it wasn't me, it was someone else. I'm not going to live someone else's life for her. NEVER AGAIN!

Dishen POV:
[ Starts when he went to get food ]

Much as I want to say that Diyao is still Diyao but...why did she only come out after 30 minutes? I know that she gets bored easily and she's not a pig who would sleep all day long... So why? I mean she could have been sleeping but she's such a light sleeper, and besides I knocked 5 times Loudly. Something was really wrong and different.

But then again she, Xueqing and me, we've all changed. Perhaps...this was to be our lives, no... Fate. The two people I loved in my whole entire life may have changed drastically but the memories will never ever change.

Xueqing will still be that optimistic psychologist, Diyao will still be my darling sister in my memories. Fate just works in different ways, too different for anyone to protect themselves before it's too late...

Narrator POV:

The skies were darkening at a rapid pace even though it was only 6.30pm. The people on the streets shivered in the cold that was blasting out from...no where in particular.

The trees were swaying in a disorderly manner but rather forcefully. The amount of people left on the street were getting lesser and lesser as everyone was afraid of what was to come on this blinding dark, bitterly cold night of....doom?

Xueqing POV:

That woman sure was a little insane? How could she even help me when no psychiatrist could? But...I seem to have met her before, where exactly?

Sigh... I ate a bowl of my favorite desert while playing with the newton's cradle that was on the coffee table. Tick tick tick, the sound of it's rhythm seem to have a hypnotizing effect on me. Before I knew it I was in a deep sleep......

[ In her subconscious state ]

Where am I? Why is this place so dark and dingy? *the light is on* I surveyed the place, this was an empty room, no windows only a door. Feeling a bit apprehensive about this weird place, I sat down not knowing what to do. 'Open the door.... Open the door....' A voice in my head said. That voice was mine! Ooh...it's getter sca...rier.

I breathed in and out a few times. Feeling a wave of confidence pass over me, I stood up and walked to the door. I opened the door and saw nothing but a wall of green plants... Remembering that I was wearing a long sleeved shirt, I walked into the wall.

I half expected myself to bang my head but it was not painful at all, guess the plants were just plants. The other side of the plants was...the hall of my house? As I walked, images popped out of the wall, it frightened me but I continued walking. With each step, a searing pain was felt....

Hey there! Hope you enjoyed the story. I'm actually inspired by the scriptwriters from the K-dramas thus the ending scene was somewhat like it. I would take at least 2-3 weeks to think of the storyline so from now onwards I'll only be able to upload at least twice a month. Anyways, for more updates of the story n Ruien, do follow @/officially_ruien ! Till next time.... Bye!

XOXO,
YN