06.

|CHAPTER 6|
I CAN SEE WHAT'S HAPPENING

-

The party was about to start in an hour. Slowly, guests were arriving. All I needed to do was put this last pin and my hair is done.

I promptly sat on my bed. Watching videos to pass my time. I then saw Pietro's ring. Just sitting there on my lampside table. I quickly picked it up and put it into my pocket.

Few minutes have passed before Natasha opened my door.

"Pardon me, Primadonna but the party just started an our ago." Natasha said jokingly.

"I'll just allow that. Anyway, I'll be on my way." I said, putting on my shoes and going down to the main party area.

I was about to reach the last step before someone held out a hand to me.

"M'lady." Pietro said helping me down from the last step.

"Well, thank you. Sir." I smirked. He did look pretty good in a suit.

The place looked packed. Everyone was getting wasted all while playing bingo and what not. I slowly walked towards Maria,Rhodey,Tony and Thor as they were having a conversation that looked interesting to say the least.

"So I take the tank, fly it right up to the general's palace, drop it at his feet.  I'm, like, Boom. You lookin' for this?" Rhodey said looking as confident as every before his confidence was instantly blown away by the awkward silence.

I cringed at all the awkwardness. "Boom. you lookin' for-- Why do I even talk you guys? Everybody else, that story kills." Rhodey said discouragingly.

"That's the whole story?" Thor asked, taking another sip from his drink.

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story." Rhodey said.

"It's very good, then. It's impressive." Thor said with a sympathetic smile.

"Hmmhmm..." I humed.

"Quality save." Rhodey smirked. "So, no Pepper? She's not coming? Rhodey asked.

"No."

"What about Jane? Where are the ladies, gentlemen? This chick's got her man right up in corner over there waiting." Maria then pointed somewhere behind me.

I looked back to see Pietro chatting it up with Steve. I rolled my eyes before looking back to the group

"Ms. Potts has a company to run." Tony replied.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in." Thor shrugged. "Her work on the Convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer. Thor continued.

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth. It's pretty exciting." Tony said, basically comparing partners with Thor.

"There's even talk of Jane getting a...uh... Nobel Prize." Thor said as Maria and I looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

"Yeah, they must be busy, because they would hate missing you guys get together." Maria said as she suddenly jumped. "Testosterone! Excuse me." 

"Want a lozenge?" Rhodey offered as he and Maria slowly walked away.

I got tired of the party and decided to go up to the rooftop. It was one of the only places that could clear my mind after large parties like this.

I looked up at the sky that currently had fireworks. All I knew was that it was involving the party.

"The sky's beautiful... Isn't it." All the sudden Pietro's thick accent filled the air as I turned around to see him smirking.

"Yeah. Parties aren't my thing." I said leaning on the balcony.

"I can tell." Pietro chuckled. "You know, I really meant it when I said I hoped to see you again. Maybe wishes aren't only for delusional people." He continued as he stared up at the stars.

"Oh! I think I might have something of yours." I said pulling out his ring from my pocket.

"I've been looking ages for this. I really didn't expect you to have it. Thank you." Pietro said, moving a piece of my hair from my face.

"I kept it. I know how it feels to lose something really valuable, so I didn't just discard it." I smiled.

-- TIME SKIP --

-- TIME SKIP --

After a while of talking Maria came in through the door leading up to the balcony with a large grin on her face.

"C'mon. If you two go down Mjolnir might be all yours." Maria chuckled.

-

-