10.

|CHAPTER 10|
MIND GAMES

-

I walked up into the computer room to see the rest of The Avengers. They seemed to be looking through files. I looked down at the files Tony and Steve were looking at. They were looking at a file of a guy named UYSSES KLAUE with a weird tattoo.

"From back in the day he operates off the African Coast. Black Market arms." Tony said getting a disappointed look from Steve.

"There are conversations. All right? You meet people. I didn't sell him anything. He was talking about finding something new, a game-changer. It was all very Ahab." Tony defended.

"This?" Thor asked.

"It's a tattoo, I don't think he had it." Tony said.

"Those are tattoos, this is a brand." Thor stated, pointing to Klaue's neck photo.

After a while of looking up what sort of symbol or language Klaue had as a tattoo, I got pretty bored and wanted to know what the heck was on his neck

"Yeah. It's a word in African dialect meaning theif. In a much less friendly way." Bruce said.

"What dialect?" Steve asked.

"Wakanada, Wa-- Wa--"

"Wakanda." I corrected.

"If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods..." Tony said, facing Steve.

"I thought your Father said he got the last of it." Steve said, doubtingly.

"I don't follow. What comes out of Wakanda?" Bruce asked.

"The strongest metal on earth." Tony stated.

"Where is this guy now?" Steve asked.

SALVAGE YARD            AFRICAN COAST

SALVAGE YARD
            AFRICAN COAST

The boat was quiet, not what I expected from a salvage yard. All I knew was that Ultron and the twins got here first. We walked into the tunnel to the main room and started to hear voices.

We approached the main Vibranium area and found Ultron. He was interrogating Klaue and another man. Behold. The twins. Tony was right. They ditched us for that Platinum Bastard.

"Aww, Junior. You're gonna break your old man's heart." Tony said, flying into the room.

"If I have to." Ultron said.

"Nobody has to break anything." Thor tried to reason.

"Clearly you've never made an omelet." Ultron said, completely unimpressed.

"He beat me by one second." Tony said, jokingly.

"Yes. He's funny. Mr. Stark? It's what? Comfortable? Like old times?" Pietro said glancing down at the missiles down floor below.

"This was never my life." Tony said in regret.

"You two could still walk away from this." Cap said.

"Oh. We will. We were never friends anyway." Wanda said.

Wanda's words hit me. She is correct. We were never friends. Why the hel would I care for strangers I met in an invasion? It was the truth. They never cared.

"You know what, she's right. We were just random strangers who destroyed their base. We were stupid enough to believe in their mind games and took them in anyway. I still can't believe we thought that this was the right way to deal with enemies." I said, now resenting the twins as they looked at me in surprise.

"But this time..." I muttered as I summoned Mjolnir in my hands. "We'll do it the right way." I continued as I threw the hammer, hitting Ultron square in the face. Mjolnir soon came back to Thor.

All the sudden, Ultron's robots came flying out from behind him, just like he did back at The Avengers Tower. The fight broke out fast as Tony was face to face with Ultron.

I summoned whips of blue flame in my hands as I knocked five of the robots out at once. One tried shooting me from the top as I pulled by the neck with the whip. I looked back to see Pietro trying to grab Mjolnir but was instead pulled to the ground. It made me smile little before I continued to attack the robots. Soldiers started to come out of no where, trying to shoot everyone.

"It's time for some mind games." I heard Ultron say before panicking.

"Wanda's gonna give y'all sweet dreams. Keep watch!" I said through the comms, running towards a far room with some robots. I whipped them all down sighing in relief.

"You're into whips. That's hot." I turned around to see Pietro smirking at me.

"What do you want? Here to play your mind games?" I asked.

"No. I just wanted to talk." Pietro said, calmly. He completely disregarded Wanda's past statement.

"I don't wanna talk!" I screamed as my hair lit on fire for a split second.

"Just listen." Pietro said looking reassuring.

"I can't. I'm tired of you and your sister's mind games." I said.

Pietro looked down at his feet and smirked. "I can tell you're hurt."

"I'm not hurt. I loathe traitors like you." I said, glaring at him.

"I know that you don't hate me. I know that you're hurt even if you barely know me. I just wanna know why." Pietro said, walking up to me.

"You know what, Pietro? Don't play with me just because you're hot." I rolled my eyes.

"You think I'm hot?" Pietro said, walking closer to me.

"Calista, where are you? I can't seem to find anybody." I heard Clint say over the comms.

"I knew it!" I glared at Pietro as I ran out of the room to see Steve and Natasha on the ground while Thor was shooting out lightning.

"My goodness..." I sighed looking at my friends. I started getting flashbacks of the dream and shook it out. I was too late.

-

-