07.

|CHAPTER 7| WORTHY?

|CHAPTER 7|
WORTHY?

-

"Ah, whosoever, be he worthy, shall haveth the power-- whatever man. It's a trick!" Clint joked, twirling a some drumsticks in his hands. He sounded as if he was trying to replicate Odin's voice.

"Please, be my guest." Thor said referring to Clint.

"Should we try it on Speedy Gonzalez over here?" Maria said pointing to Pietro.

"So, what's the deal?" Pietro chuckled.

"If you are worthy I'll allow you to be her boyfriend." Maria said, pointing at me.

"Dude." I rolled my eyes.

"Alright then." Pietro stood up and came face to face with Mjolnir.

Pietro grabbed on the hammer but it really didn't budge.

"Okay then, It's settled. Clint, why don't you try it?" I asked.

Soon Clint failed, followed by Tony, Bruce and Rhodey. I chuckled at all their failed attempts. Especially Tony's.

"Come on, Cap."

We all watched as Steve tried lifting Mjolnir. Only for it to move, slightly.

"I don't consider that a failed attempt. You know, Cap. You're a real bad actor." I said glancing the other way.

"Nothing." Thor said, slightly amused and taking another sip from his drink.

"And, Widow, Wanda? Cal?" Tony asked.

"Oh. No, no. That's not a question we need answered." Natasha said.

"All deference to the Man Who Wouldn't Be King, but it's rigged. " Tony said getting another bottle of wine.

"You bet your ass." Clint said, patting Tony on the shoulder.

Maria shook her head. "Steve, he said a bad language word."

"Did you tell everyone about that?" Steve said, turning to me with a small smile.

"Yeah, it was hilarious." I laughed.

"Whosoever carrying Thor's fingerprints is, I think the literal translation." Tony said pointing his bottle at Thor.

"Yes. It's a very, very interesting theory. I have a simpler one. You're all not worthy." Thor said, tossing his hammer up in the air and quickly catching it.

"Seriously?" I asked.

All the sudden a loud beeping sound rang everyone's ears.

"Woooooorrrrthhhyyyyy" All the sudden, at the same time, Everyone looks at the doorway to a mangled robot walking our way. "No. How could you be worthy? You're all killers." The robot repeated.

"Stark?"

"Jarvis?" Tony asked.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep. Or I was in a dream." The robot said.

Just then I felt my hand collide with somebody else's. I looked to side to see Pietro, giving me a concerned look.

"I had to kill the other guy." All the sudden. It clicked. This robot. It was Ultron. The robot that was supposed to be perfect. That was supposed to save the world. Was now in strings.

"You killed someone?" Steve said, as Tony's voice started to play from the robot.

"I see a suit of armor around the world."

All the sudden robots came flying from behind Ultron. I was defenseless. I knew if I used my powers everything would burn to the ground. I got out my gun and started shooting at the robots. The robots flung most of the Avengers away.

Some of them were surrounding Maria and I. We then split up into different parts of the room. In my panic, I grabbed Mjolnir. Unaware of what I just did, I jumped on the chandelier, hitting the robot currently hanging on it. I threw Mjolnir across the room, Hitting some of the robots. Steve started to punch a robot, both of them flying in the air.

I jumped down and handed the hammer to Thor. Then spotted Cap's shield.

"Cap." I said, throwing it at him while he luckily caught it.

Thor then threw Mjolnir at Ultron. Therefore ending the fight. Pietro then sped towards me.

"You alright?" Pietro asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"There's only one path to peace. The Avengers' extinction." Ultron said, as he fell to the ground.

"I had strings, but now I'm free." Ultron said before he slowly, but surely, died out.

-

-