Chapter 3 • Cursed Baths

"Here we are, I know it looks a bit huge, but the inside is cozy." Jin announced once they stopped in front of what looked like a renovated old farm. The building was long, especially if you counted the huge garden attached to the house as well.

Sephy and Tae had never seen a house like this. It was absolutely beautiful though.

"The others know you're coming, so don't feel like you're suddenly intruding, okay? All were happy to hear about the possible addition to the family."

Sephy nodded at the oldest in response, appreciating how he'd called them a possible addition instead of new family members. It gave them the freedom to do what they wanted.

The group of five had been walking for about fifteen minutes in which they had gotten to know enough about the strangers that Taehyung felt completely at ease around them and Sephy didn't feel like she had to jump them any second.

She especially liked the wolf-hybrid.

Where Jungkook was a bit shy and acted more like a bunny than a cheetah, and Jin was a human (she really tried not to have any prejudices, but it was simply because of the way she was raised that she didn't really like humans), Namjoon had been very kind, warm and intelligent. It might have had something to do with the fact that he was a wolf, but he seemed very strong and like a good leader. He was open-minded and empathetic, but he could be authoritative and dominant as well.

He was definitely the alpha of the group, and she hadn't even met all of them yet.
Sephy had always admired the stronger ones. Her own caretaker, the jaguar, had been an alpha as well. She felt comfortable around them, knew how to act and deal with their pride and dominance.
Though she also didn't mind taking care of the more soft-hearted hybrids like Taehyung and in her eyes Jungkook as well.

Jin unlocked the front door, stepping inside and waiting for the others to follow.

A thousand of unfamiliar scents and noises tickled Sephy's senses as she attentively observed the interior of the hallway. There was a rack full of coats, scarves and hats, a pile of shoes messily spread across the floor, all in different sizes, and on the wall hang a round mirror, too high for the kitten to see her own reflection in.

Jungkook barged passed the overwhelmed strays, throwing open the door to the living room and turning to look at the newcomers with a wide grin.

"Let's go in, yeah?" Namjoon muttered, a soft smile adorning his face as he carefully pushed the two towards the living room.

Taehyung tightly gripped at Sephy's hand, begging her to go first. She did, letting her heart beat loudly in her chest as she shuffled further into the unfamiliar place.

All the new scents became stronger as they entered the new room, and to no surprise; apart from the three strangers who had offered them a stay in this house, there were three more strangers in front of them.

Elegantly propped on a plump couch, his side leaning on the rest, was a desert fox hybrid. His soft looking hair was blond, matching the fur of his long ears. His face was beautifully sculpted, pink full lips pulled in a slight smile, skin flawless and warm brown eyes mischievously scanning the newcomers.

To be fair, he looked like a prince. Someone who could go from sweet to evil in a second, not necessarily in a mean way though. Just playful.