Chapter 11 • Troubled thoughts

Two more weeks had passed in which the group had grown closer. It was great, Sephy and Tae felt like they finally belonged and though they were ecstatic with the changes, it also caused a lot of questions to consume the girl's mind.
The two of them had been offered a home, but was that just an act of kindness or did this mean they were truly part of a family?

Speaking of, why had she accepted the others so easily?

Every single time she tried to put on a blank face and give them the cold shoulder, they found a way to grab her interest, to make her smile or feel warm inside.

It had taken her some time, but she had come to terms with the fact that they were all incredibly kind and charming; giving them the cold shoulder was simply impossible.
Now that she had chosen to let them into her heart, it lead her back to the first question. What were they exactly?

Sephy was sitting in her usual spot on the carpet, fingers playing around with a little fish toy that Namjoon had bought her after successfully taking a bath last week. It wasn't like the girl had made it easy for them, she hated every second of it after all, but he wanted her to start seeing it as something good. In order for that to happen, she needed to link bath time to a reward of some sort. Where snacks had worked for Jungkook, toys and stuffed animals had worked for Yoongi and as Sephy acted more like the latter, they decided to try the toys.
Not that the panther would ever admit to liking stuffed animals.

The kitten put down the little fish, her eyes wandering towards the couple that had been trying to eat each other for the past couple of minutes.
Where Sephy and Tae had grown more comfortable around the others, it had also worked visa versa. Namjoon might have introduced them all as a big family, but the girl had quickly figured throughout her stay here that it was a family of boyfriends, not relatives.

Everyone was dating each other, or so she thought.

She had seen Jimin kiss multiple people very similar to how he was lazily kissing Jungkook right now, Kookie had been babied by basically everyone, she had seen both Hoseok and Namjoon hold Yoongi's hand, and Jin seemed very playful with everyone as well.

The fact that they had invited Tae and her into their family, did that mean they wanted to be their boyfriends as well? Or did they invite them in as friends? Simply roommates maybe?
And if they wanted to be just friends, where was the line when talking about skinship? The two had been close with all of them, cuddling once in a while -Tae more often than Sephy, though the kitten as well started to allow the others closer- or held hands, but what about kisses? Was that too far or not?

She wouldn't mind giving them kisses. She liked kissing. Though she had only ever done it with Tae, but that had been great. It felt very cozy and comfy, like it was supposed to happen even though it had been their instincts that pushed them to do it. Heats were no fun, especially not as a stray, but the two had gotten through it many times together.

A little content sigh and smacking noises coming from the lovey dovey duo made Sephy frown in thought. She wondered what kissing someone other than Tae felt like. Jimin's plump lips that always seemed prettily glossed, or Namjoon's full ones that the wolf had the habit of biting in when in thought. It didn't really matter who to be honest. She had seen them kiss each other often enough that she was curious about all of them.

As Sephy sat there, troubled by her thoughts, fingers scratched at her ears to wake her from her daze. "What are you thinking so seriously about, sweetheart? You look like someone just stole your ice cream."
Jin's teasing voice reached her ears first before she looked up at the man crouching down next to her.

Feeling too embarrassed about her thoughts to voice them, Sephy glared at the man to hide the emotions she was feeling. She moved her head out of his reach and scooted a bit to her right, away from the offended looking Jin. "Are we back at the glaring again? I'm older than you, you know. If I ask you a question you should answer me, Sephy."