Chapter 41 • A kitten's disguise

Run, run, run, run, run!

Sephy was sprinting down the hallway, trying to think of a place to hide. Jin had been fairly calm hearing the news, but the girl also realized that he hadn't seen the actual crime scene yet. She had completely slandered the precious kitchen; his precious kitchen.

Sephy was confident that this meant that the official law that banned Namjoon from touching the kitchen unless he was getting something to drink, now also counted for her. Probably even more heavily, because the others did let the wolf help them make the meals once in a while as he wanted to learn how to cook. It wouldn't surprise her if they told her she was only allowed to sit at the table.

That all because of the disgusting pancake.

Turning the corridor the panic started to set in as she heard a door open and her name being called. Hobi was after her and doing so very calmly. The fact that he seemed completely confident in finding her made her all the more nervous. It was like he extruded some kind of dominance by being so confident, like he knew he had the upper hand.

Skipping further down the hall, the kitten's eyes fell on the washing room. Would that be a good place to hide?

She opened the door as quietly as she could, making sure that she didn't give away her location before even having found a hiding spot. Sephy had ran into different rooms in order to spread her scent throughout the house, but the washing room was sure to drown out her original smell with all of the cleansing products.
Where could she hide though?

Eyeing the different machines, the girl wanted nothing more but to snuggle in the warm clothes waiting to be taken out of the dryer. She wouldn't be able to fit however, unless she took them out into a basket, and a basket wasn't a good enough hiding spot.

Walking towards some cabinets that hung in the room, Sephy tried to see if she could squeeze her form somewhere behind all the bottles, but found that the shelves were too narrow.

"Sephy, baby, come out wherever you are~"

The girl's form stiffened as she turned to glance at the door; that sounded way too loud. Hobi was getting closer. She needed to hide as quick as possible.

Hastily scanning the small room she was now trapped in, the girl's eyes fell on a little cat plushie chilling in the washing machine. The black thing was Taehyung's as he had begged Jin to buy it for him since he was convinced that the cat was a replica of Yoongi. It hadn't taken even a second before the man gave in and bought him the toy, the thought of the panther's face when Tae showed him the plushie highly amusing him.

A lightbulb went on in Sephy's head at the sight of so called Suga, spinning in the washing machine. Her human body was too big to fit the turner-of-death, but her kitten form wasn't.
Turning into her animal form did mean that her cat-instincts were way stronger though, especially when just having shifted. She could give herself away....

"SEPHY, GET YOUR BUTT OUT OF YOUR HIDING SPOT SO THAT I CAN WHOOP IT!! YOU RUINED MY KITCHEN!!" Jin's voice blasted through the house with a volume the girl hadn't heard before. Her eyes widened as she spared a quick glance at the door. If Jin was that angry then the others would try their absolute best to find her, because as long as they didn't, they would be the victims of his wrath.

Jin's anger was all the motivation the girl needed to quickly strip off her clothing, add the bundle to the basket with dirty laundry and switch into her kitten form. The girl bit back the pain she felt in her joints as she shifted, waiting for the torment to be over before smoothly padding towards the dryer and jumping inside, the heaven of warm fabric welcoming her small animal form.