Chapter 10 • The Hairdryer of Doom

Stuffy.
Sephy felt like it was too stuffy, though she didn't intent to move her face away from Jin's soft sweater. She desperately breathed in his surprisingly calming scent, hoping that other than giving her a lack of oxygen, it could help her shake off the fear she was currently experiencing.

She had survived the first and biggest challenge of the day, that being the awful bath. After Hoseok had taken her to her room to give her the most comfortable clothing she owned, the two walked (more like Sephy stumbled due to shock) back to the living room.

There awaited her second challenge. An old enemy she didn't realize she had to face as well: the hairdryer of doom.

A reminiscence she never expected to relive.

Jin was waiting for her with the black, gun shaped thing in his hands, a sweet almost apologetic smile on his handsome face as he saw her expression change.
Where Hoseok's sweet-talking, cooing and praising had calmed her down enough that she no longer felt like she was breathing into a plastic bag, the moment she noticed the hairdryer, her heavy breathing returned.
Her instincts told her to flee.
Before she could make a run for it however, Yoongi had placed his hand on her shoulder, one simple glance being enough to let her know that this was going to happen, whether she liked it or not.

There was no place for arguing. She had to get her hair and fur dried so that she wouldn't feel uncomfortable or cold later. Her immune system was very poor because of their condition after all. They didn't want her to get ill.

That's why she fearfully walked towards Jin, not even registering the reassuring words of encouragement he told her. The moment he switched on the blaring thing, the kitten's face had ducked under his arm, desperately trying to get away from the noise.
She could feel Jin chuckle at her reaction, though he allowed her to hide under his limb, her in comparison tiny body curled in his lap, hands clutching his clothes.

Jin made quick work of her incredibly long hair, all the while keeping her in his embrace. He tried not to blow the air directly into the ears on top of her head, instead using his hand to shield them from the noise. There wasn't much room to cup them closed as they lay flat against her head, so he decided to softly pat them while blowing her fur dry.

With her tail he was a bit more reluctant. Over the years of raising hybrids and saving them, he had learned that the tail was their most sensitive part of the body, especially at the base. A lot of hybrids hated people touching their tails, it being almost like someone poking your side or blowing at your neck. Instead of touching the puffed up fur, Jin just used the hairdryer to help it dry. When he was finished, he turned the loud thing off.

"All done," he patted the back of Sephy's trembling figure, only now noticing how the softest of whimpers were leaving her lips. "It's okay Sephy, it's done. No more baths and no more hairdryers for today."

The girl's fear didn't really seem to diminish at his words, though she let him pull her from under his arm. Her eyes were opened wide, pupils dilated from the stress as was her face pale.
She breathed unevenly, her lips pulling in a pout as her eyes started to water, "I don't like it."

At the sound of her trembling voice, Yoongi immediately jumped from his spot. He walked over towards the duo and pulled Sephy from the older's lap, lifting her in his arms and waddling towards his original seat in the chair.
From the moment the hairdryer had switched on, the panther had been restlessly watching the pair. He wanted nothing more but to save his kitten from the thing that he had once also seen as a torture device. Now he could.