Chapter 33 • The Apology

Sephy's cheeks flared bright red, her heart thumping loudly in her chest as she waited for the embarrassment to leave her body.
She always had a difficult time expressing her feelings for someone if she truly liked them, yet here she was, telling Jimin that she loved him too.

The desert fox was grinning at her in relief. For a split second he had thought she was going to reject him, but luckily she didn't. It would have broken his heart.

The two were engulfed in a tense silence, tense in Sephy's eyes that was. She was fiddling with her clothing, the foot of the leg that wasn't hurt bouncing up and down like a nervous little bunny.
Jimin was staring at her intensely, very much like when they were battling for food, except this time it felt like her meal wasn't the prize he wanted to win, but it was her.

She didn't know what exactly he was trying to do with his focused and surprisingly sensual stare, but the kitten didn't look away, no matter how badly she wanted to.
It felt like she would lose if she did, like he had won in a battle of dominance and she wasn't about to bow down to a little foxy.

The tense atmosphere got cut as the door to the kitchen burst open and Yoongi walked inside. The panther observed the scene in front of him, the empty dishes that he had specifically made for Sephy, and his little kitten and fox sitting in front of each other, their faces bright red.

Deciding not to comment on anything, Yoongi calmly stepped to the counter and started making himself a cup of coffee.
He didn't have to ask about what had happened though, Jimin already spilled everything without someone prying, "Sephy said she loves me back!"

Yoongi's eyebrows raised in surprise as the desert fox bounced towards him, pulling him in a hug to show his giddiness.
Sephy said what? Does that mean she was no longer ignoring them? What had changed while he was taking a nap?

Sephy straight up panicked when the panther's questioning dark eyes glanced her way. She tried to hide her shame in an angry blanket of denial, "No, I didn't! Why would I say that? I don't like you, you're stupid!"

Instead of the hurt reaction she had expected from the man, Jimin giggled, teasingly skipping over to her chair, "No, you don't. You love me and I love you, just like how I love the others.." he trailed of, letting out a little gasp as he hurried out of the kitchen, "I have to tell TaeTae I love him!"

The sentence only settled in after Jimin had disappeared, leaving both Sephy and Yoongi not sure of what to do.

The panther grabbed his cup of coffee, sinking in the chair the desert fox had previously been sitting in. He blew at the hot beverage, taking a tiny sip to satisfy his taste buds as he carefully observed Sephy. "So, what happened?"

The kitten gulped, diverting her eyes to her lap. She was suddenly very aware of her behaviour these past few days. She had acted like an animal rather than a person. Cursing, threatening, hissing, ignoring them. That all because she needed to blame someone in order to cope with the shock of seeing Taehyung get hurt.
She felt much better after conversing with Jimin, but the heavy feeling in her chest was back now that she was left with one of the others. She had acted out of place and she needed to apologize; something she wasn't very good at.

"J-Jiminie kidnapped me and brought me downstairs. He forced me to talk about what happened..." The kitten meekly mumbled.

She heard the panther let out a little sigh before he shifted in his chair. The moment his warm hand gently grabbed her chin so that he could make her look at him, it was like the faucets to Sephy's eyes turned open very slowly. Tears brimmed the surface, glossing over her beautiful orbs and she didn't even know why.

Yoongi's look softened at the sight. His eyebrows furrowed, a soft coo leaving his lips, "What's wrong, little cub?"

What was wrong? Why was she suddenly feeling so heartbroken. The conversation with Jimin had been alright, she knew a conversation with Yoongi would be similar. With any of them actually.
They were all so caring, so open-minded and loving that she still couldn't believe that they would want someone like her to join their -in her eyes- perfect family.