Chapter 3- Onto the Final Selection

You might have underestimated the training a bit. You rarely sleep, you hunt and cook your own food, and you're not allowed in Nekomi's house, even if you're injured. The only thing keeping you sane was Suzu, who kinda helped you learn how to hunt. You saw how he hunted prey, so you copied him, except for the pouncing part, you can't do that. This went on for about 6 months, it turned you into a skilled hunter, you were very quiet when you walked and you practically had night vision, but not as good as Suzu. You heard footsteps approaching you so you turned your head, Nekomi was there. Before he could say anthing however, you hugged him tightly

"Nekomi! I missed you so much!" You cried. It was true, you hadn't seen him in months and you were happy to see him again. He chuckled and patted your head

"Let's go get you a change of clothes, alright?" Oh, right. Your clothes were worn out and dirty, since you were on your own for six months, and your sewing skills aren't the very best. You both began to walk back to Nekomi's home.

You found that wearing shoes made it uncomfortable to move around and made a lot of unwanted noise, so you choose not to wear them. You kinda wish you stayed on your own longer, the training was tiring and hard. Nekomi wanted you to learn his breath style, the breath of the dragon, it had eight forms. You whined about having to learn eight forms, but Nekomi didn't seem care. Now that you look back, you didn't know why you whined, it did take three years, but hey, you know all the forms perfectly now. You still hadn't got used to wearing shoes, unfortunately, so you still walk around barefoot to Nekomi's dismay. He always worried about you getting your feet hurt, but you shrugged it off since you were pretty careful with each step you take. All that's left now is the final selection, Nekomi gave you his sword, he retired two years ago because he wanted to pay more attention to training you. Nekomi was like a father to you, in all the good ways. Before you left, he made sure that you had food and bandages, you cried about it since it made you feel happy inside that Nekomi cared about you a lot, which made Nekomi panic. Your walk to the final selection began, you had no idea what was awaiting you.