Chapter 7- Weeping Demon

You jumped up to the demon once again, instead of swinging your sword however, you kicked the girl in the stomach. She fell off the branch, and hit the ground with a loud thud.  You landed on your feet and slowly walked towards the girl, who slowly got up on her feet. You jumped back when she snapped her head towards you, anger plastered all over her face. She then began to run, it caught you off-guard, so you didn't start chasing her until Suzu did. 

"Leave me alone! What did I do to you!?! I did nothing wrong!" She cried. As she ran, you realized she was running in the opposite direction of where you were originally going. As you ran after her, demons had noticed you and started chasing you. You dodged their attacks, determined to not lose sight of the demon girl, and hoping that the demons would just fight each other like those other demons did before. They didn't, however, and continued to chase you until you were circled by four demons. You had no choice but to attack. 

"Breath of The Dragon, Fifth Form: Burning Whiplash!"

Scarlet red flames extend around your sword, making your sword look longer than it was before. You spin around and manage to cut the heads off of all the four demons. 'Yes! I actually did it!' You thought to yourself, proud that you were able to cut all of their heads off. 

"Meow!" Suzu had called for you. Once you turned your attention to Suzu, he turned his head back to the direction to where the demon girl had gone to. You placed your sword back into it's sheath as you walked to Suzu. Cats have great senses, and without a doubt, Suzu has remembered the demon girl's scent. Suzu began to follow the demon's scent and you followed behind. Soon, you managed to make out long brown hair, it belonged to the demon. You pulled out your sword, ready to attack.

"Breath of The Dragon, Eighth Form: Bark and Bite!" 

The demon girl stopped in her tracks when she heard a buzzing sound. It became gradually irritating, causing her to cover her ears. She turned her head around to try and find the source of the sound, only to be met with you. Before you were able to strike however, the sound had worn off, giving the demon the ability to strike you in the stomach, throwing you back into a tree. You groaned in pain as you slowly stood up.

"Stop it! Stop following me! What did I do to you!?! Don't hurt me! Please!" She cried, tears streaming out of her eyes as she pleaded to you.

"It's not what you've done to me..." You spoke as you lifted your head. You pointed your sword at the demon, tears had brimmed your eyes and began to flow out The demon took notice of this and stared at you. "You've killed and eaten other people, haven't you? Don't even lie to me! I can see the blood on your kimono and around your mouth! I simply cannot forgive those who hurt others!" You yelled as you began to slowly walk towards her. She clenched her jaw as she glared at you.

"What else am I supposed to do!?! Starve!?! I never asked for this!" She yelled as you started to run towards her. You attempted to slice off her head, but she kicked your sword away.

'Damn it!' You landed on your feet and the demon had thrown you a punch. You bent back, dodging the attack. You put your hands on the floor and gave the demon a kick to the stomach, causing her to be pushed back a bit. You rushed over to get your sword, but before you could the demon girl had her foot above your head. Your eyes widened when you saw Suzu attack her at her head. The demon girl struggled to get Suzu off her as he clawed at her head. The demon girl attempted to attack Suzu, causing you to yell out.

"SUZU!!!" It was out of panic and fear, afraid Suzu would get injured. Fortunately, Suzu jumped off the girl's head to the ground and ran up a tree onto a branch. Blood dripped down from the demon girl's head, as she glared at Suzu, then turning back at you, only to be met with your sword. She barely dodged, which caused her to get a nasty slash across her face. She stammered back as she put her hands on her face, a mix of tears and blood dripped down her cheeks. The wound healed as the demon girl jumped on a branch before you were able to strike her. She jumped down and kicked you in the face, making you bite your tongue. You spit out blood as you placed a hand on your right cheek, but before you could attack, the demon girl slapped you on your other cheek. It kinda surprised you, you expected a punch, not a slap. Was the demon pitying you? You dodged her next attack and kicked her in the stomach. You took a step back as you prepared your next attack.

"Breath of The Dragon, Sixth Form: Humming Dragon."

The demon girl heard the buzzing sound, yet again, and prepared herself to hear the sound again. However, she was met with a calm sound. It was so soft, like a mother humming a lullaby. She felt at peace, even as her head began to slide off her body. She was brought back to reality when her head dropped to the floor. You turned around to looked at the demon girl. She stared back, her tears streaming down her face. You bent down and wiped away her tears as you gave the softest smile you could muster.

'It's been so long since someone wiped away my tears' The demon girl thought, 'It's been so long since someone gave me that kind of smile' Her tears seemed to gradually stop as her body and head began to disintegrate. Before her head fully disappeared, she closed her eyes and spoke, "Thank you..." It was soft and quiet voice that spoke, in contrast to the harsh and loud voice she spoke in earlier. Your hand fell onto your lap as the tears you've been holding back flowed down your cheeks as if a dam had burst. Suzu went to your side and comforted you. You slowly got up as you thought about the demon girl's words.

"I never asked for this!"