Chapter 8- Back home

After the hellish seven days you went through, you were making your way back to the spot you were in the beginning. Suzu was the one leading you there, as you kinda forgot where it was. Once you got there, there were three people there already. A cute looking girl whose hair with tied to the side with a butterfly clip, a boy with mohawk like hair, and another boy with yellow hair and orange tips. A frown was present on your face, you looked around, trying to find Tanjiro. You began to think that he didn't make it, until a voice interrupted your thoughts.

"Y/n!" Your turned around to see a smiling Tanjiro. You smiled back as you gave him a hug. 

"I'm so glad you made it!" You say, cheerfuly.

"Yeah!" Tanjiro replies. You then notice the bandages on his forehead, you were about to ask about it until the two identical girls began to speak.

"Congratulations. We're pleased to see that you're safe"

"So? What am I supposed to do now? Where's my sword?" The boy with the mohawk hair asks. 

"First, we shall issue you all uniforms. We will take your measurements, after which your rank will be engraved. There are ten ranks in all...Kinoe. Kinoto. Hinoe. Hinoto. Tsuchinoe. Tsuchinoto. Kanoe. Kanoto. Mizunoe... and Mizunoto. Currently, you are at the lowest rank, Mizunoto." The two girls explain.

"And our swords?" The boy asks again, seemingly growing impatient.

"Today, we will let you choose the ore for your swords. However, the swords will take ten to fifteen days to complete."

"Are you kidding?" The boy remarks.

"But first..." The girl with white hair claps her hands. Then, crows began to appear, each landing on one person. One of the crows landed on your head gracefully, and looked down at Suzu, as if mocking it. Suzu hissed at the crow.

"We will now assign each of you your own Kasugai Crow. These Kasugai Crows can be used primarily for communication."  The girl explains. You look over to the blonde haired boy to see a sparrow instead of a crow. Your confusion was short-lived as the mohawk haired boy yelled. 

"Don't give me that crap!" The boy shoves away the crow and approaches the white haired girl. "Who the hell cares about some stupid crow?" The boy then grabs the girl by her hair, causing you, Tanjiro, and the blonde boy to gasp. "I want a sword, you hear? Gimmie one right now! The Demon Slayers' Sword! The Color Changing Sword!" Tanjiro then walks up to the boy, grabbing his arm.

"Take your hands off her! Or else I'll break your arm!" 

"Who the hell are you?"

"Tanjiro..." You mutter, as you hold back the urge to throw a rock at the mohawk haired bastard. 

"Wh-wh-wh-what should I do?" You glance over to the blonde boy next to you as he panics over what he should do. 

"Let's see you try it." You hear the boy say. Tanjiro takes a deep breath as his grip on the boys am tightens. The boy eventually lets go of the poor girl's hair as he grabs his arm. The boys glare at each other until the black haired girl begins to speak.

"Are you finished chatting?" You stare at them blankly, 'how can you just let that slide?' you think to yourself. The black haired girl then pulls the cover off of a table of ores. 

"Now then, please select your ore. The steel for the sword that will annihilate demons and protect you will be of your own choosing." Everyone stood by the table, staring at the ores. No one knew what ore to choose, you didn't either. You watched as Tanjiro moved up, and chose an ore. You looked back at the ores and looked at one in the far left, it had a weird feeling to it, but it wasn't necessarily a bad feeling. Suzu had pawed at the table leg closest to the ore, you had made the decision to choose that one. 

For a short while, you and Tanjiro were walking back home. For most of the time, you were helping Tanjiro walk, since he didn't seem to be able to. You felt bad leaving Tanjiro in that condition, but he assured you that he would be okay. You walked back to the village feeling guilty for leaving Tanjiro. As you further neared the village, you could see Nekomi nervously pacing back and forth. You smiled, knowing that he was worried about you. Suzu had ran up ahead and rubbed against Nekomi's leg. He turned around and looked at you. 

"I'm ba-" Before you could finish your sentence, Nekomi tightly hugged you.

"Welcome Back." He said. You laughed and hugged him back, you could tell he was crying under his mask. 

"I'm back...mama." You entered the room your mother was in. She had not gotten better since that day. She slept more often, and had become pale and skinny. You walked closer to her, and she raised her hand up to your cheek. 

"Congratulations....Y/n my dear, you're going to become a fine demon slayer, I know it." Your mother smiled. You knew that she was worried about you risking your life, but she was still supportive of your choices. You began to tear up as you looked at her smiling. You rested your hand on hers.

"I won't disappoint you!"