Chapter 4- Final Selection

You were now walking to the Final selection. You were tired even though you only walked for ten minutes. Maybe it's because you're carrying a heavy bag, filled with medical supplies and food. Nekomi didn't have to do this, you know how to hunt and treat your wounds. You searched your bag for water and chugged it all down, you were still thirsty. You sighed and groaned, you hunched your back and walked like a zombie.

"Um, are you okay?" A soft voice asked you, you turned your head to see a burgundy haired boy. You were about to say something until a meow stopped you, it was Suzu with his cute bow around his neck. You started to cry which caught the boy off guard.

"Suzu! Go back home! I love you but your gonna get hurt!"

"H-hey! It's okay! You don't have to cry, I'm sure your cat is gonna be fine." The boy reassured you, or at least tried.

"No! He won't be fine! He's gonna die!" You cried. Suzu seemed like he got offended, and began to claw at your legs. "Suzu! Why! I love you!" You crouched down to pick up Suzu "You love me right? Is that why you followed me? Oh Suzu!" You snuggled Suzu, who seemed annoyed but let it happen.  The boy just watched, confused. You wiped away your tears and looked at the boy "Anyway, uh what's your name? Mine's Y/n L/n"

"Oh, It's Tanjiro Kamado, nice to meet you L/n-san." He greeted you with a handshake, which you accepted.

"You can call me by my first name, I don't mind." You said as you smiled. It turns out Tanjiro was headed to the final selection too, which made you less nervous knowing that you have a friend who will be able to defend themself against demons. The walk was quiet, it was pretty peaceful, listening to the sounds of nature is nice and calming to you.

The wisteria flowers were beautiful, you looked at them in awe "Look Suzu," you bent down to Suzu's height and showed him the flower "isn't it pretty?" Suzu meowed in response. Once you got up the stairs, the three of you were met with quite a lot of other people, which made you a little worried that they weren't gonna make it. Two young girls in the center who looked identical began to speak.

"Greetings everyone. Thank you for gathering today for the final selection"

"Here on Mount Fujikasane there are demons who have been taken alive by Demon-Slayer swordmen and trapped here." The white haired girl said

"Wisteria flowers are what keep the demons here. They bloom in this mountain year-round. And they cover everything from the base to halfway to the top."

"However from that point on, the wisteria does not bloom so the demons roam free. You must survive seven days there. If you do, you will have passed the Final Selection."

"Now, your trial begins." The twins ended, everyone began to leave and you looked over to Tanjiro

"Guess this is goodbye, I'll see you again, right?!" You asked, Tanjiro smiled,

"Definitely."