Chapter 6

They slowly walked back to Mirio's room, there was silence. It was quite uncomfortable, especially for Tamaki. Mirio opened the door and walked in, followed by Tamaki. "Well, let's put your bags somewhere and sort out sleeping places," Mirio said suddenly, breaking the silence.

Tamaki nodded in agreement and stored his bags next to the sofa. "So, I'll take the couch and you can take the bed?" Mirio suggested, which Tamaki thought wasn't fair.

"N-no! That's not fair. I'll take the couch and you take the bed."

"But you're injured, Tamaki!" Mirio urged, he didn't want his best friend not getting enough rest, and then not recovering.
"No. I'll sleep on the couch."
"Fine, let us discuss this later, I actually...wanted to speak to you," Mirio said quietly, looking down at the floor.

"A-alright, what is it?"  Tamaki asked, even though deep down he knew what Mirio wanted to speak about.

"About how you got...injured."
Tamaki froze and there was a lump on his throat. This was the absolute last thing he wanted to discuss right now.

"P-please don't do that again. I was so worried, you can always speak to me about anything!
You're my best friend Tamaki, I would hate for anything to happen to you...When I saw you on the floor, I-I thought I lost you there..." Tears formed in Mirio's eyes as he finished speaking.

Tamaki hesitated for a minute before stepping closer to Mirio and putting his arms around him. After a few minutes Mirio spoke:

"A-anyway, let's do something fun eh? How about a movie?" Mirio suggested, wiping his eyes with his sleeves as he gave Tamaki a small smile. Tamaki didn't understand how he was so...brave.

If Mirio had done what Tamaki had, he would've had an actual mental breakdown, and gone into a very depressive state.

They watched a nice movie and then suddenly about halfway through- Mirio exclaimed: "Tamaki, I have an idea about our sleeping arrangements!"

And that's how Tamaki ended up sleeping in the same bed as his crush. After Mirio suggested this, Tamaki flushed a crimson red.
"E-eh Alright."

For a while, they just lay there and tried to sleep.

"Do you promise?"

"Promise what?"

"Promise to stop injuring yourself. Please Tamaki"

Tamaki said nothing but put his arms around Mirio. They laid like this for a while, not saying anything. Tamaki felt torn, he didn't want to upset Mirio but...he just couldn't stop.

He just couldn't. Once he started, he grew addicted to it. He loved the feeling of him finally getting what he thought he deserved. He thought that maybe it was finally making up for himself, for being happy.

For being how he really was,

When it was always just...Himself

Author Note:

Hey guys, so sorry it took so long, I wrote this chapter at like 2 am, it was just TRASH, bad spelling, it was boring, none of it made sense.
I had to re-write it like five times to get it even decently written.

Hope you all enjoyed it!

-Gabrielle : )