Chapter two

Chapter 2

The guys and I continued to talk about everything we missed in each other's lives during our flight while we waited to arrive in Morocco. There was nothing really new going on in their's but we caught them up with everything between Alejandro and I, Mal, and my new marriage with José. All was well.

José and I talked to ourselves during the plane ride as we just talked about random things that wasn't even pertaining to the challenge or remotely even close to the show. It was mostly about what we wanted to eat once we settled down into a hotel for the night, wherever that was supposed to be. I wanted something hot and greasy. José wanted Italian. So we went with Italian, or more as José wanted it and I went along so he'd be happy with what he wanted with the first meal of being here on a whole new show.

I wanted a hot tub so bad. I wanted to relax my leg muscles even though José did the most of the work. He deserved it more than I did.

"Attention passengers, we will be landing shortly so please fasten your seatbelts when descending." The flight attendant said over the phone that went through the speaker. I did as I was told before the plane began to descend. My ears popped as the plane touched the ground as we slowly went to a stop.

"Please take your things and depart in an orderly fashion." The flight attendant said. Nobody listened. I strapped my backpack on quickly before taking my husband by the hand and quickly running off the plane with everyone else in a rushing motion like a herd of buffalos. I still carried the backpack José got for me when I entered All Stars. I swear this bag is indestructible.

We ran to our next stop at the Don box where the ice dancers punched in the button and got the ticket from the mouth. Jacques said what we had to do in his thick accent of wherever he's from. I think it's French. Or Russian. Or well, something. I don't know why, but I definitely didn't like them. They gave me weird vibes that just rubbed me the wrong way. I didn't know what to think of it as I chose to ignore the feeling and it subside. We had a challenge to focus on.

"Pick five spices from the kiosk. Ideally, cumin, cinnamon, paprika, saffron, and ginger to receive your next travel tip." I read the ticket. "I thought saffron was a color? Is it both?"

"I have no idea," said José with a chuckle. I smiled at him.

I took my husband by the hand as I dragged him over to the cars throwing open the doors. We got in a taxi and took off to spice town where our next challenge happened to take place.

"This is so exciting! Maybe we'll get to cook something?" I said as José grinned at me.

"Si, amor. Hopefully after the challenge we'll finally get a break and get a lovely hotel with masseuse to work out these muscles." José said who kissed my cheek lovingly.

We made it to the spot. We ran up to the jars of spices. I bent down and smelled them all as so did José who could pick up easily what they were. After all, he's an amazing cook with a keen sense of smell.

"These aren't labeled. Hey, why aren't they labeled?" asked the police cadet.

"Why would they? Then it would be easy." I said to her.

"That makes sense," she laughed off nervously.

José and I smelled the jars of spices effortlessly getting them right. So far, so good. The man put the scoops into bags where the man Yusuf handed to us with our next travel ticket on it. We read the clues together.

"Ride to the restaurant on a camel," I said. I looked over to see smelly camels grouped together waiting to be ridden. José took me by the hand as we went to the camel, hopping on and taking off. It was going really slow. It didn't help with the sun beating down on my skin making me burn. It's so hot. I don't like it. It makes me sweaty. Thankfully my sweat doesn't smell. But this camel sure does.

"Can you make it go any faster? Use your charismatic charm to get it to go!" I said to José who nodded.

"Come on, you beautiful creature, take off speed as the glorious animal of the sun you are! That's it, amiga! You're doing beautifully." José said where we went by a lot faster. I grinned as I hugged my husband from behind as we sped off toward the restaurant before most of the other teams could get there.

"Woohoo! We're in the lead now, babe!" I said victoriously. I gasped at my own realization.

//"Am I turning into Geoff? Has it finally reached that point? I-I haven't been the way ever before. Is this because of marriage? Am I a better person because of it? I. . . It's weird!"//

The cadets were directly behind us as we reached the next kiosk. We jumped off the camel before reaching the man with the pot on fire at his table and the Don box in front of it.

I slammed my fist down on it, realizing I hit it too hard as I hurt my hand.

"No good, darling, no need to be so hard on it." José said kissing my knuckles all sweetly being his charming self. I blushed turning away. He's so cute when he does that.

"That's what. . . that's what she said." I said as I bursted out laughing. José chuckled at my stupid joke with a shake of his head before taking our tip ticket from the box.

"Its a botch or watch: Just stew it." José read aloud. "What the heck does that mean?"

"Someone turn off the sun!" I heard the cadet say desperately behind us who had fallen to the ground from the heat. I agree with her. It's ridiculously hot. We gave the bag of spices to the man who put it on the pot of stew that he brewed together. Hmm I could go for some soup.

"I'll do it, babe," I said which he didn't mind on. All we had to do is eat the stew, race on foot to the carpeted spot where we'll meet Don and become the first one to reach the mark.

I finished the stew quickly drinking it fast as the flavors burst on my tongue. It was actually really good. However it was hot which added more heat as the blazing sun made me melt under its wrath. I'd hate to get sunburnt.

"Done! Let's go." I said before we raced to the last landmark before claiming victory. We sped off fast, running through the dessert that felt like forever. We ran for what felt like miles until we spotted Don up ahead with a table full of ice cold water.

"So. . . Thirsty. . ." José said as he saw the pitcher of water too. We were so close. We just had to go a little further. My legs were killing me from us this running. I didn't know if I could go on much longer. I just hope and pray we have a break after this. We needed one.

We made it to the carpeted area and collapsed on it, dying from the heat and dehydration.

"Water!" I gasped for air as Don poured us two glasses.

"Welcome to the chill zone. You're the first to arrive. Congrats." Don said as I sighed in relief once he put the cup in my hand taking full swings of the cold water. Hmm much pointy.

I saw the other team, the best friends, coming in second. They looked cute together. I heard the guy's name was Devin but I didn't catch the girls name. Soon everyone started filling in. The last ones were Leonard and Tammy, the live action role players, also known as larpers. They didn't make the cut and were forced to walk back home. Tough luck for them. Honestly, I didn't think they would get far anyways. That wizard dude from Pahkitew Island was just annoying. From his voice to his character, I couldn't stand it. He was the most useless guy I've ever seen to be accepted on the show. Besides Ezekiel. Poor guy. Even he didn't deserve to be the way he is now. But he tried to steal my million, of course he was going to be tossed in the volcano. He's crazy. And not human anymore. Whatever he is. . .