Chapter twenty seven

Chapter 27

Geoff and Brody were back. It was going to be fun. Let's just see how long they'll last this time. It was a good thing they were able to return. They brought the lightheartedness to the show that we really needed.

After the show ended and the camera crew went away I went ahead and walked off. Of course, José tried to follow me. He was stopped immediately by security guards blocking him from following after me. They would've intervened on the show, but only if it really had come down to it.

I went to the hotel, going straight to the room
Don and I shared. I stuck the key into the door, opening it to find the room empty.

"Hmm that's strange," I whispered voicing my thoughts. The door closed behind me. I took a seat in the living room on the sofa. I took a look around the room seeing how extravagant it was. There was even an upstairs that went to the bedroom in the penthouse suite.

Instead of just sitting around waiting for Don, I decided to go explore. There really wasn't much to it. There was a glass door from the balcony where a jacuzzi was with a fire pit and an outdoor grill. Going upstairs, there was a humongous bedroom with a wide screen tv in front of the bed with a little couch in front of it. It was pretty cool. Barbara manatee was on the bed along with my bag on the end of at it with Don's.

Grabbing my bag, I took out my swimsuit and got changed into it quickly while grabbing a towel from the bathroom. It was super fluffy and soft. I went back downstairs and opened the glass doors, stepping out onto the warm asphalt as I found the button to turn the little jacuzzi on. After pressing it, I set down my phone and my towel before stepping inside as the bubbles around me got more intense massaging my body in the hot water. It was very relaxing.

I was probably soaking in for at least an hour before deciding to get out. Wrapping the towel around me and picking up my stuff, I opened the sliding glass door and went inside where the air was much colder. I shivered when my feet hit the cold wooden floor, my teeth shattering as all I wanted to do was get changed out of my wet suit. I went upstairs and into the bedroom where I unzipped my backpack taking out some sweat-shorts and a hoodie. I thought the hoodie might be too much. I didn't want to be too warm.

My brain clicked with an idea. I grinned, opening Don's bag and pulled out one of his shirts that was irresistibly soft. It was a blue oversized T-shirt that would be perfect for my size. I sniffed the shirt seeing if it was clean and it smelled perfectly like him. I loved it. I got out of my bathing suit quickly while struggling with the bottoms since they were cold and wet and sticking to me like those hospital bands. I threw on my clothes and Don's shirt before heading back downstairs to the kitchen area.

I threw open the fridge seeing a carton of apple juice making my mouth water as I took it out and poured myself a glass. I put the carton back in the fridge and took a long sip as the flavors burst on my tongue. The door randomly opened causing me to jump from the suddenness causing me to spill my juice. I grabbed a rag and cleaned it up.

"What are you doing?" I heard Don ask.

"Cleaning up my spill," I said without looking up at him as I finished wiping it all up before putting the rag back in the sink. I turned around and saw Don for the first time. He looked tired but he showed me a smile. "Are you okay? You look exhausted."

"I'm fine. I think I just need to rest for a bit." Don said before walking over to the couch with me following behind. He took a seat and I did the same. He laid down putting his head in my lap. I put my hand through his hair as I played with it, running my fingers through his strands. "I see why you like it so much. That feels nice. Scott McCord and Terry McGurrin, the executives, were working with me for a hot minute after the show to talk about the finale tomorrow and working on the final plans."