Chapter twenty six

Chapter 26

I thought I was to wake up in Don's arms. I didn't even feel his presence anywhere near me. Instead, I felt alone. And hurting. Why does everything hurt so bad? I had no memory of last night at all. Why can't I remember?

I turned over in my my bed, feeling myself to be absolutely naked. Where are my clothes? I felt sick to my stomach. My throat hurt to even breathe and it was horribly dry. My pelvis hurt to even move. My whole body felt weak. I couldn't move. But I had to. We had a challenge today. But my body wasn't agreeing with me. I was just too exhausted to move anything at all.

I let out a painful groan. Nothing made sense. How was I naked? I know I didn't do anything with Don. That would be a night I would want to remember. If I wanted a night like that at all. I just couldn't remember why I was naked and feeling like death.

I sat up in the bed, feeling my body hurt. I wiped at my face feeling dried drool below my lip as I tried to scrub it away with my hand. I winced, opening my eyes to stare at my hand. Why does it look so bruised? It looks like a belt was wrapped around it and it was cutting my circulation off. Geez, what happened to me? What time is it?

I looked beside me at the alarm clock seeing it was almost three am. I glanced over at the bed seeing rose petals scattered on the blankets. Looking over, I noticed a figure in the bed with me. It was José.

I gasped. Why was I in the bed with José? What did we do? Why doesn't this explain why I'm naked? The only thing I remember happening last was leaving the pool and seeing José in the elevator. Was I that stupid to follow him? How gullible am I? I don't remember anything. . . I hated not remembering.

Skimming all around the room, I found my bathing suit hanging over a chair. Jose's robe was on the floor along with his clothes and an empty water bottle.

I slid out of bed, feeling myself wobbly and weak as I tried to stand. I had to get out of here. I grabbed Jose's robe and took my bag with my bathing suit, towel, flip flops and key card inside along with my phone. I opened it up to see a few messages and two missed calls from Don.

-Nugget-
15:09 have fun at the pool! Don't stay out too late. I'm making spaghetti for dinner when you get back. Miss you <3

17:27 are you okay? Please let me know. I checked the pool and you're not here..

19:01 jellybean ?

20:43 hey, if I did something to upset you, can you please tell me? You'd usually respond by now and I don't know what's going on. are you ok? Did José do something? Did something happen?

22:09 call me

I grabbed my things and left the hotel room, making a run for the elevator. I felt myself nauseated when I did so and forced myself to slow down, holding onto the wall so I wouldn't stumble. I really wanted to just throw up my insides for a good minute or two.

I found the elevator, pressing the tenth floor and waiting to get up. Once the doors opened, I bolted toward the door and inserted my key card. Immediately upon entering I saw Don passed out on the couch, his hair messy and bags under his eyes. What have I done?

I ended up not doing anything to wake him. He looked exhausted. It seemed he just fell asleep not too long ago because he still wasn't snoring just yet. With a sad sigh, I got onto the couch with him, cuddling up beside him as I rested my head on his chest. Immediately, an arm wrapped around me protectively, him turning over into me with his face burying into me.

"Where have you been? I've been worried all night." I heard him say sleepily.

"José tricked me again." I said with a defeated sigh. "I can't remember a single thing. I only know that I'm hurting and I feel absolutely miserable." He began to sit up but I put a hand to his head putting him back down to just cuddle me some more. "No. Just stay like this for a minute. I'm so tired."