Chapter twenty two

Chapter 22

Don's arms were wrapped around me comfortably. It was a shame. I didn't want to have to get up early to leave him like this. But my plan was in action and I had to hurry quickly before he would wake up.

I got out of bed much to my own displeasure before getting to the living room, throwing up Don's computer where everything was in Nicholas Cage design. I went to google images and printed off the many same faces of Nicholas Cage. I faxed them down to the main office floor of the building as I ran out of the room with my key in my hand, dressed in my robe and socks before hurrying down the elevator and into the printing room where I saw fifty pages of Nicholas Cage being printed. Oh thank goodness. They still had the color to them.

Grinning to myself, I sprinted back to the room upstairs with all the pages that I had cut out when I made it to the room. It was an hour before the alarm clock would go off. I hated being up so early in the morning, but man, was it so worth it. I began glueing and taping every single thing covering it in Nicholas Cage. Every single item in the fridge, every mug in the cabinet including the backside of the cabinet itself, every painting and item in the room was covered. I even did the bathroom. From a big picture under the toilet seat, to the bar of soap and shampoos, to his bag and the alarm clock itself. There was not a single thing that wasn't covered in the printed man himself. It was the only face that everyone knew.

"You don't say?"

I thought it was perfect. The perfect scheme. I loved it. I thought I had everything until I saw Don's wallet laying on the table. With a grin, I taped the pictures of his face to the outside of the ID spots, and applied it to all the debit cards as well with some cut outs stuck inside the wallet part where the cash goes in. This is pure genius. There was no possible way he could beat this. Ha! Two pranks in one. From the whole hotel room to his laptop, this was definitely the best prank I've ever pulled.

Going back in the bedroom, I got back into the bed and cuddled up next to Don to catch whatever sleep I had missed and be comforted in his arms. It wasn't before too long when he found me, his arms wrapping around me as he cuddled into my side. I smiled to myself as I fell asleep at the simplicity.

The alarm clock went off signaling it was time to get up. I didn't want to. I was still pretty tired from waking up so early. Don's hand reached over me and turned it off, leaving us alone for another couple of minutes before we actually had to wake up and get ready.

"Erin, we gotta get up," I heard say while letting out a yawn. He dipped his face into my neck where it was all warm.

"Ew your breath is warm," I said pushing away at his face. "Can you turn over and face the other way? Your breath is making me nauseous."

"Well, that hurts." Don said. I instantly felt bad for what I said, taking my arms and wrapping it around his face as I held him close to me.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be mean." I said holding him close to me.

"Erin, it's fine." Don said pulling at my hands. "Let's just get ready for the day." He sat up and got out of the bed, shuffling his feet toward the door. I couldn't help but grin to myself as he turned the doorknob and screamed upon entering. He came back up with his eyes opened wide in panic. "Erin! Why is Nicholas Cage in the toilet?"

I let out a laugh. I couldn't contain it anymore. It was so funny I started crying.

"Don't worry about it, Don. Just get ready. I'll make you some breakfast. How does that sound?" I said giving him a reassuring smile. He looked unsure, his eyebrows furrowed thinking it could be another drink. "Don't worry. I won't put anything in your food."