@Dressed-In-Darkness "Metamorphosis"

We're going to talk about ERERI. Okay, don't run off. Admittedly, most aren't done well. True ERERI is like anything that is bold and enticing, it requires true balance. It's incredibly difficult to keep Levi in character and still have him believably scratch his nails down a dominant Eren's back. It requires an Eren whose swagger and charm makes him worthy of "dicking" our sweet, short boy down.

All of this is notably present in the best ERERI on Wattpad, Metamorphosis, by Dressed_In_Darkness. One of my all-time favorites, there is nothing but delight and jaw dropping hotness to be found in this sweet, alluring little gem of a story. Anyone can love Levi as a top, but it takes a refined, open mind to truly appreciate a strong and passionate Levi that still likes to be bent over a table. And even better than a power-bottom Levi, is a strong-handed Eren that makes our knees weak with a charm that is bold and fluid.

Metamorphosis is a fun, delicious, and scintillatingly sexy true ERERI story that bends us to the will of Dressed_in_Darkness's Eren Jaeger the moment he hits the page we are on our knees. He is a beautiful, leather clad, and cycle riding club bouncer who also happens to fight in an illegal, underground fight club. He's often shirtless and also unbeatable. And if that's not enough, he thinks our boy Levi hangs the moon and is crazily loyal and loving to his best friends and sister. He is preciously insecure when it comes to his self-worth and drippingly thoughtful and kind. If you're not in love with him by the end of the first fight scene, there's something wrong with you.

It does take some adjustment to get on board with Levi as the non-dominant of the two. But the author takes our hand and walks us patiently through it. He maintains all of his true characteristics, it's just that some of them are a little muted. He's grumpy, cleanliness obsessed, not a fan of crowds, provides plenty of smart ass quips, and will fight tooth and nail with all that he has at his disposal. Yes, there is a more feminine aspect to him, but truly, we are swept along and readily accept this aspect of him just because Eren appreciates his confidence and strength. Seeing this Levi through this Eren's eyes, we see all of the same things we've always loved about Levi. But truthfully, it makes accepting Levi in a nurse's costume something we'll sign up for if it means we get to see this Eren do a lap dance. Mmhmm.

The chemistry between this Levi and Eren is so thick...yeah, you know. It leads to some really breathless, heart-pounding and HOT fucking. Oh my god. Seriously. In my circle we call it a "RHM"...a right-hand moment. The pacing and detail of the sex is top-notch. You will not care who's on top; I can guarantee.

But if we can tear away from the FUCKING HOTNESS of the story for a moment, there is really talented writing here. The dialogue flows like honey between all of the characters, even if there are a lot of characters in a scene. In addition to her well-rounded Eren and Levi, the author really excels at creating fully-developed side characters. The depth of the characterization gives all of the sexy, funny, touching and frightening moments something to hang squarely on, and the plot moves along at a nice clip, providing enough interactions between all of the characters to help us feel like we're all a part of this world that's been created in support of our lovers.

The point of Metamorphosis is that Eren and Levi will both significantly change as a result of their love for one another. There are some really rich moments that acknowledge the futility of self-doubt and the fear of stepping out of one's comfort zone. We can all relate to these themes in our own lives and the author does a wonderful job of representing these changes in our boys. But if you pay attention, the change in you might be the acceptance of the switch hitting sexual roles you've previously insisted upon...whether in Levi and Eren, or in your own world. Bottom or top doesn't dictate strength or weakness. Remember we got rid of that idea in heterosexual sex? Why not in all others? Thanks to Metamorphosis for continuing that conversation.

 Remember we got rid of that idea in heterosexual sex? Why not in all others? Thanks to Metamorphosis for continuing that conversation

Dressed_In_Darkness

https://my.w.tt/gngMptjo04

www.wattpad.com/835170824-best-ereri-❤ -riren-story-reviews

Other good ERERI recommendations:

The Town of Stockholm by PervertedSouls

Wanted by zerozaki_Zen (the wild west version)

Welcome Home, Master by EreriLover247

White Lie by aprilaesthetic

Thank you so much for reading this review. If you end up reading any of these stories, please let the author know where you heard about them from.