Part 23- The performance

The rest of the evening went by quickly for kathir with practice. He was unable to catch Mullai alone even for a moment. She had watched him practice for sometime but then was called by some of the girls upstairs. She had disappeared for hours and kathir could not find her anywhere. He tried calling her but was out of service. He was anxious. But his friend told him she had been with bride and her group and he had seen her.

The function was to start by 5 and kathir had changed into a sherwani forced by his friends. He hated this costume.

K- Dei comedya iruku da. Please na pantlaya adrena.

Muthu- Elarum itha than potukarom. 5 costume vadagailu eduthurku. Nee matum scene podathada.

Kathir is a little hesitant to come out but has no choice. He goes to the back of the crowd. He hears his phone ring and picks up immediately seeing it is mulla.

K- Enga pona nee una engalam thedrathu? Ena aachu

M- Porunga. Onum aahala. Inga than mela iruthen. Neega ipa enga irukiha.

K- Halla Pinnadi rowla. Bayagara Kovama iruken un mela. Aagaye iru nu sonen ila. Patha aala kanala ... Enaku...

Someone taps him on the sholder he turns to see Mulla his Mullai in a beautiful pink dress. It s like a gown that flows to the floor with flowers stiched all over. She also has her hair left freely that it flows on her sholders Kathir stares at her mesmerised out of words.

M-Sorry. Unga kita sollama poiten. Call panen ana signal ila.  Kovama?

She looks at him admiringly

M- Unga dress Supera iruku. aatagasama irukiha.

She looks down at her dress.

M- Comedya Iruka? Ponnoda friend orthiku kal sulukam athanala kadaisi nimishathula ena aada sollitaha. Adarthuku Ithu than podanum nu sollitaha.

Kathir shakes his head as though in a dream.. He cannot take his eyes off her.

Mulla starts blushing.

M- Appidi pakathiha Ellarumirukahala.

Kathir takes her hand. Mulla looks around nervously but doest pull away.

K- Romba azhaga Iruka. Oru thevadhai mathiri.

He almost leans in. She leans away.

M- Ena panriha. Yaaravathu patha..

K forwning - Ena di?? Ivlo azhaga irutha eppidi pakathula varama irukarthu.

She is smiling at him.

M- Neegalum Supera irukinga. Ellarum Ungala than sight adika poranga. Ipave enaku Ella ponnukalum ungalaiye pakara maari iruku. Sharvani ambuttu azhaga iruku. Enakum aasya than Apidiye katti pudichu mutham kodukanumnu. Ana nama enga irukom nu paka vendama.

K- Enaku na enga iruken ne theirla nee matum than theriyara.

M blushing prettily - Niruthuga. Seri na ponum. Enyum ada solirkaga ore bayama iruku.

K- Nee suma ninnale superah irukum. Bayapadatha.

She squeezes his hand.

M- Neega aadum pothu ena parunga. Na adumbothu Ungala pakren. Munnadiye okarunga.

He smiles and nods.

She goes and kathir stares after her still not sure if he was dreaming or not.

His friends call him.

Karthik - nama than first aadroma va seekaram.

Kathir nervously goes up on stage. He looks around for Mullai. He cannot do this without her. He spots her she is running to the front row. Smiling he began to dance forgetting everything else and focusing just on her. He sees her humming the tune looking up at him.  When he finishes she stands up and claps and cheers. He smiles at her and winks from the stage.