Chapter 1

Shadow's POV:

I sighed and watched the councilers argueing about the problem. The problem being that our little village often had visits from a demon. Nobody knew why the demon kept coming. We only knew that he wanted something. And he was going to get it if we didn't stop him. Whatever it was he needed we couldn't just stand by and let him have it. It might cause us troubles. So we had decided to get rid of him before that could happen. The councilers couldn't decided on how to get rid of him though. They didn't know what he was capable. So we they had no idea how to get rid of him.

I sighed again when one of the councilers said a ridiculious thing. I was not at all part of the council, but my father was and it was a tradition for the son of the council member would follow in his father's footsteps. So i had to become a council member when I was an adult. Although most of the villagers were displeased by that seeing as I was a hermaphrodite and therefore poeple saw me more as a soon-to-be-good-little-housewife instead of a soon-to-be-council-member. I was glad with this job. If my father didn't allow me to follow in his footsteps then I would be in an arranged marriage with some jackass who would treat me badly because I was half male and half female. Either way, it was annoying.

The council kept argueing till a man came walking into the room. "Who do you think you are barging into this room and interupting this important meeting?!" An enraged council member, who happened to be the mayor of the village as well, yelled and got up from his seat. "I am someone with the knowledge to defeat this unfortune that has fallen upon this village." The man, who was a red echidna with purple eyes, said and stepped into the middle of the room. "You do? If you do then tell us this solution to the problem that has arisen." The mayor said and sat back down. "The demon that is terrorizing your poeple is a young adult. All he is searching for is a virgin to carry his offspring." He said and as he finished his sentence his eyes fell upon me. Everyone else in the room followed his gaze and kept their eyes on me as well. "What are you saying?! That I should allow this demon to take my only son away?!" My father yelled and got up in rage. "Do not worry, my friend. We shall not allow the demon to take him away. But we must make use of your son in order to lure the demon in our grasp." The echidna said to ensure my father that he wasn't going to lose me. "Very well, what is your strategy." My father said and sat back down. He was still opposide to the idea of using me as bait, but as long as the demon wasn't going to get me then he would be satisfied. "I've heard about him. He's a hermaphrodite. And on top of that, still a virgin, am I correct?" he question and fully turned towards us instead of having only his gaze turned towards us. "You are correct." My father said and got a questioned look on his face. "Like I mentioned before, the demon is in search of a young virgin. We should tie your son up at the village plaza and wait in hiding for the demon to come to get your son. When he does we shall attack him before he gets a chance to escape." The echidna said and the council members thought about this strategy. "I oppose to it. If we tie Shadow up then he won't have the opportunity to escape and he might either be taken away by the demon or killed in our attack." My father said. "Do not worry. Your son will not be tied up tightly. I shall tie him up in away that he will be able to loosen it easily without the demon noticing it." The echidna said to ensure him once more. "Is anybody opposed to this idea?" The mayor said and looked around in the council room to find no one opposing to it. My father sighed and hesitantly agreed to the idea.

I got up from my seat next to my father when he had requested me to go home to help my mother with some chores. As I walked out I felt the echidna's gaze in my back. He held a look of determination and satisfaction with the fact that the council members had agreed to his idea. It made me have a bad feeling about what was coming as I walked home with his burning gaze in my back till the doors closed behind me.

   ~~~

Hey there! It's a story that I wanted to share with you all. And I say it again, this story is not mine, all the credits goes to SonadowStories. Anyway, I hope you'll like it nonetheless. ^^

Votes and Comments, please. :)