Chapter 8

Shadow's POV:

It came to sudden. To sudden for my taste. Only a month passed and I was already in labour. That was two months way to early. I was panicing when I felt my water break and the contractions becoming worser.

I was holding tightly onto Sonic's hand while laying on the bed. The midwife had made some maids get everything ready for the birth that was coming faster then we thought. I was scared. I wanted my parents here as well, but the midwife had requested them to stay out of the room. I winced again and squeezed Sonic's hand tightly.

Sometime passed by before I could finally start pushing. I pushed with all the strenght I had in me. I wanted to bring our two babies safely before I had gotten to exhausted. The first birth was very difficult. More difficult then I would've imagined. Sonic was great support now. I felt very comforted knowing that he would be by my side the whole time. I often yelled Sonic's name and had to curse a lot because of the pain. I knew that cursing was inappropriate, but at the moment I couldn't care less. All I cared about was getting the twin out of me safely.

I don't know how many hours had passed by. We all had lost the track of time. All I knew at the moment was that I could finally heard the first baby crying. One of the maids had taken it away much to my dislike. I wanted to hold it, but the maid had to clean it. So it took a while before we got to see it. The maid said that it was a boy. Sonic was holding him proudly and I was watching him with the same expression and feeling. I reached out and stroked his forehead. I smiled. "He is so adorable." I said and stroked his five quills on his forehead. Now it was only waiting for the youngest to come.

Forty minutes passed before I could feel the new contractions coming. I cried out in pain when it came all of a sudden. Sonic held my hand quickly in concern. "Oh god, it is coming." I said and winced when I felt another one hit me. I laid back completely flat on my back and prepared myself for the next one to arrive. The youngest child came easier then the eldest came. I had heard that the second birth was always easier then the first. And much to my relief those rumors were true.

Sometime passed by before the midwife finally allowed me to push once more. But I was starting to feel tired. And I became more tired with every push I did. I kept crying out whenever I pushed along with the contraction. Sonic kept encouraging me throughout the whole process. And another few hours passed before the youngest had finally come as well. I panted in exhaustion. The maid was quickly done cleaning the youngest and hand it to me. It was a boy as well. Two boys. I smiled and kissed his forehead lightly. They had both been crying. But they were calmed down by now. Sonic had taken the youngest as well and laid both of them in the crib. He then sat down on the bed and stroked my forehead. "You did great, honey." He said smilling. "I am so exhausted." I said smilling tiredly towards my demon. "It is only natural. Get some sleep." He said and kissed me. I kissed back before falling asleep.