Chapter 6

Shadow's POV:

"You are having the demon's child, are you not?" The mayor questioned. I knew that I couldn't deny it so I nodded shamefully. "I see that our plan had failed after all." The mayor sighed. I fear of what was to come. "You have to get rid of the child." The mayor said harshly making me look up in shock. I didn't want to give up on it. I wanted to keep it. I don't care if I would become an outcast. As long as I would have the child then I would be happy. "But... I don't want to." I whispered very silently. Unfortunatly it was still audible for the three adults in the room. "What are you saying? This child will be a demon, boy!" The mayor said and stood up from his chair. "I know, but I don't want to." I whispered. "You have no other choice! We will get rid of it!" The mayor said and turned to leave. "Do you not think this is a bit harsh to say to a pregnant soon-to-be-mother?" My father said and got up as well. "It is not him talking. It is his mother instincts talking." The mayor said and left. "But I want to keep it." I said and mom embraced me and stroked my quills. "I know you want to, sweetheart." My mother said and kissed my forehead. I returned the hug before pulling away and walking to my room.

Afew days passed and I was standing in the middle of the council room. My father wasn't allowed to attend this meeting because they were deciding what to do about me and the child. I felt frightened about our fate. I had no idea what was ahead of us. The council members kept talking and agrueing about me. For some reason I was very sensitive and so I felt like I wanted to cry. They asked me all sorts of question. And most of them threw harsh comments and accuses to me. One of those accuses being that I allowed the demon to make me pregnant on purpose. I denied it everytime, but denying it became harder when they kept throwing accuse after accuse against me. I wanted to go home and forget about all this. I had a feeling that this meeting was going to be hard, but I didn't know it was going to be this hard.

After two hours their conclusion was decided. What the conclusion was made me devastated. I had to either give up on the child and abandone it somewhere or risk being outcasted and banned out of the village.

I had cried that night out of despair. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what was to become of me or the baby. Either way, it wouldn't matter if I got rid of it. If I didn't get rid of it then I would be banished from the village. But if I got rid of it I would feel guilty for the rest of my life and because I had given birth to a demon's child then I wouldn't be able to have a good husband. So my life was ruined either way. Or that was what I thought before I knew that my father had a plan in mind. But I only got to hear about it the next morning after my father had already left. I was worried about him and so was my mother. We waited for him to come home soon.

Sonic's POV:

The next morning soon came and I woke up from a deep slumber. I yawned and sat up in my bed. I heard a knock on my door. "Come on in." I said and watched the door open to see my buttler walk in followed with a maid. "There is a visitor for you sir." The buttlersaid. The maid opened my closet and quickly got my clothes ready so I could get dressed. She bowed her head and left me be along with the buttler. I got up from my bed and got dressed. I walked out of the room and allowed the maid to take care of my bed. I walked into the hall and saw a familiar face. "And you are?" I asked the black hedgehog standing the middle of the hall. "My name is James. The father of the hedgehog you impregnated." James said and walked closer to me. "If your purpose was to have an apology then I-" I started, but James cut me off. "I did not come for that. I came with a request." James said. "And that might be?" I asked in curiosity. I didn't like taking requests from others. But it came from Shadow's, Knuckles told me that was his name, father so I had to make sure to see if it didn't have anything to do with my mate. "Can you allow Shadow to live here?" He said much to my surprise. "That is a strange request coming from you." I said. "The council is going to banish Shadow if he keeps the child. And if he gets rid of it then Shadow will feel bad for the rest of his life. I want my only child happy. And if that means allowing a demon to take care of him. Then so be it." He said and looked down with his eyes closed. 

   ~~~

Votes and Comments, please. :)