Chapter 5

Shadow's POV:

I awoke from my dream and sat up letting my fingers trace my lips. I thought that I had just felt someone kiss me just now. Or was that my imagination? It had felt as if there had been someone familiar. My thoughts immediatly though of the demon. Was he here just now? I wonder if he was. For some reason I felt saddened by the fact that he had been here while I was sleeping. And for some reason I wanted him to come back. Why did I have that feeling? I had the feeling that I longed for him. It must be because I'm expecting his child.

I sighed tiredly and laid back down on my side. I allowed a hand to go to the small bump and rest on it. I could feel it or them move very slightly. It was starting to be able to move very slightly now. My mom had told me that it or they would start moving somewhere at the end of the fourth month. I liked feeling it move, but I wanted to get rid of it as soon as it was born. I was too young to become a mother. Not to mention that I'm not married. That is considerate very shamefull. But still, feeling it move made me go into a mental struggle with myself. I had conflicted feelings now. A part of me wanted to get rid of the baby and another part of me wanted to keep it and raise it. I yawned and tried to fall asleep again since it was still in the middle of the night.

The next morning I was met up with diffirent glares. Some were shamefully, some pitifull and others seemed angry. I felt really uncomfortable at the moment. I was making my way towards the market while have the constant staring buring in my back. Why were they even staring at me? Did they find out about it... Or they? I quickly bought what I needed to have and walked home.

I got home quickly and saw the mayor sitting at the table drinking tea with my mother and father. My father had a troubled expression on his face and my mother looked worried. They watched me walk into the house. "Is there something wrong?" I asked getting a worried expression of my own. The mayor kept silent and so did my parents. I had the urge to lay a hand on my belly in fraight. Did the mayor know about the demon's child? If he did, what kind of consequences would he have in store for me.

Sonic's POV:

"Why did you not take him with you?" Knuckles asked and allowed a maid to take care of his wounds. "To be honest, I have no idea." I said in all honesty. "I guess, I wanted to let him sleep since he looked so peacefull." I said. "You know, for a demon you have quite a soft heart." Knuckles said and chuckled. "I am only soft towards him because he is my mate and is having my baby in five months." I replied and stepped out onto the balcony. "Should you not be worried about him? If those villagers find out that he is in expectation of your child he will be dealt with severly." Knuckles said and followed me on the balcony. "I am aware of that, but I can not cause my love grief by taking him away from his parents. It might have bad consequences for our child." I said and looked over the landscape from my position on the balcony. "I see." Knuckles said and left me alone with my thoughts.