Final Chapter

Sonic's POV:

The next morning we woke up to the crying of the babies. I helped Shadow sit up and feed the babies. During the day he was still to exhausted to get up from the bed. So I spend a lot of time with our babies in our bedroom. We did that for a few days till Shadow was well enough to get out of bed. When he finally was, Shadow spend a lot of time sitting outside playing with the twin. He wasn't lonely at all when I had to go somewhere for a few days. He had his parents and our babies to accompany him. So he wasn't at all lonely. He told me that himself when I had asked him if he had been lonely without me. He was very happy. And that made me happy as well.

A few months passed by and Shadow was busy trying to teach them to say 'Mommy' or 'Daddy' when I had approached him with a request that was going to make our future together official. I was spacing around the play room where Shadow was as well nervously. "Are you certain nothing is wrong?" Shadow asked in concern. I couldn't blame him for being concerned. He probably never saw me this nervous before. "Yes, I am certain." I said and continued thinking and spacing around.

Time passed and dinner was arriving. The twins were taken care of by Shadow's parents. Shadow didn't know why, though. I never told him why. I was leading Shadow to the dining room. "Sonic, could you please tell me what this is all about?" He asked when I kept leading him.

We arrived in the dining room soon and I pulled away a chair to let Shadow take a seat. Shadow said a quick 'Thank you' and watched me sit on the opposite of him. I had made sure it was quite a romantic dinner. I had to in order to set the mood right. We talked a lot when we had finished our dinner. So time passed by fast.

When it was midnight I had finally decided to make my move. I went to my knees next to Shadow's chair making him look confused at me. "Sonic, what are you planning on doing." Shadow asked and stared at me. I took Shadow's hands and I could sense through Shadow's fur that his heart rate was fastening. He was having suspiciouns about what was coming up. "Shadow." I started and looked up to him. "Yes?" Shadow whispered. "Shadow, honey, will you do me the honor of spending the rest of my life with you?" I finished my sentence with a hopefull smile. Shadow started to smile brightly and fell to his knees and wrapped his arms around me. I could safely take that as a 'Yes'. I returned the hug tightly. "Yes, I wouldn't want anything else." I heard Shadow say silently. I stroked his backand held him tightly. Shadow pulled away from the hug and laid his hands on my cheeks before kissing me softly, yet passionatly.

   ~~~

It's the end of this story! I hope you liked it. ^^

Votes and Comments, please. :)