Ceremony

Awoken by her godmother, Aurora was ecstatic when Maleficent took her back to the Moors. However when the news of her coronation for becoming Queen of the Moors was revealed to her, she was more than delighted to spend her life there. King Stephan's castle was given as a gift to the village too. As for the magical creatures of the Moors, they were delighted to have a new queen since Maleficent stepped down from the throne.

The Fallen

Hestia's POV

"Aurora!"

I trotted into the nearby brush to see a nervous wreck. There on a stone sat the soon-to-be-queen hugging herself out of fear. A few hours ago, she was giddy and full of excitement, but now? Scared. I walked over to her and knelt down to her level.

"Hey. I know you are scared. I was too when Maleficent made me one of the protectors of the Moors. It's ok to be scared. But don't let it convince you to not go through with this. You are a strong, independent woman. You can do this. Just breathe."

I pulled her in for a hug and wrapped my wings around her, hoping it would comfort her. Maleficent then appeared right at that moment and told me that she needed to speak to Aurora. After a few minutes, I saw a bright light. It pulled me back into a memory.

I remember meeting with my dear old friend Stephan. We were talking about Maleficent. He was asking about her, wondering about how much she changed in the past years. He then handed me his bottle satchel, and I opened it to take a sip. After a minute, I started to feel drowsy. Weird, I thought, I wasn't feeling tired till now. 

Before I fully went under, I heard Stephan say, "I'm sorry Phoenix. I truly am. But I must do this. You know it is my dream to be king. An opportunity arose. You have always told me to take the chance while I still got it. Of course, there was a price to pay and I just can't risk hurting Maleficent. But I need this. I'm sorry."

And with that said, I finally closed my eyes, fearful for what might happen. I woke up in pain the next morning. I wondered why. There was no sign of Stephan, but the only sign here was the pain on my back. At first I thought something tried to attack me, and I managed to survive. Unfortunately when I tried standing up, my back was in pain. I looked over my shoulder to see the damage, but what I saw left me in a state of horror and tears. My wings were gone.

Pretty sure it's easy to figure the rest of the story. Maleficent found out. Cursed Stephan's daughter. Ended up raising Aurora. Tried to reverse the curse. Didn't work. Saved her from the curse. Helped me get my wings back. Bright light. And finally to this moment.

I turned around, smiling. Though I hate to admit it, I'm kinda happy Stephan listened to my advice. However, he didn't really use it for a great reason.

"Phoenix ! Look at my dress! Isn't it wonderful?"

"I absolutely love it, Aurora. It is stunning," I replied happily. "Now you better hurry off to the throne. I'm sure everyone can't wait to see their new queen!"

"I'm not queen yet!"

"Oh but soon you will, my dear!"

I suddenly noticed the shadow behind me.

"Hello Diaval, my dear friend."

"Good evening Phoenix!"

"You need anything?"

"Nope. Just checking up on you. How are you by the way? Wings and all" he asked.

"I'm doing just great. Thanks for wondering."

"No problem at all."

And with that, he took off, walking towards Maleficent. To be honest, Maleficent and Diaval make a good mother and father figure towards Aurora. After all, they did both raise her. As for me? I was more of a sister to her. I start to walk to my place next to Maleficent. Once I get there, I wait for the ceremony to begin.

EDITED