Prologue

Owen's POV 

I was just called over to the lab where they're currently housing the four raptor eggs they'd just made. Apparently I'm assigned to be their sort of… trainer? No, handler, that's what I'm going to be doing here. I was just called here so they(the raptors) could imprint on me.

When I showed up the lead scientist Dr. Wu walked up to me.

Owen: Sup doc.

Wu: Good you're here, hurry up the eggs are about to hatch soon. 

He brought me over to where the eggs were. But there was something off.

Owen: Isn't there just supposed to be four eggs? Why are there five?

Wu: We've been working on something. One our first official genetically modified hybrid. This one… we want you to handle along side the four.

Owen: so you just made a new dinosaur?

???: Not just one. Two, but you won't be able to see it till we move to it's paddock.

I turn to see Claire walking over to us.

Owen:*mutters* all great. *normal* Hey Claire, what are you doing here?

Claire: I was interested and wanted to see the birth of our new assets.

Wu: shut it, they're hatching.

No one's POV 

One by one, the four raptor eggs began to shake. Owen slowly began to walk up to the eggs, he looked at Wu who gave Him an approving nod. He walked up to one egg in particular, it began to crack and be lifted up revealing a baby velociraptor with a gray color scheme, for the exception of a long blue strip going across its body. The next one was a greenish raptor with a blue spot around its eyes, then an orange raptor with dark blue spots, then lastly a green raptor. The four raptors sniffed Owen's hands, and began to lick his hands.

Claire giggled at the sight, with Owen having a dumb grin his arms wide, with two raptors hanging on each arm. Wu even gave a little smile at the sight of the baby raptors. However, the joy was quickly silenced when they heard the last egg crack.

They turned to see the slightly larger egg make a small crack. Then a larger one, it was shaking and cracking violently. Then a black raptor hybrid popped out of the egg, it had almost completely black scales, with the exception of the purple stripe going across its body similar to the blue raptor. The baby had red eyes and razor sharp teeth, it certainly seemed it would be very, very deadly once it grows.  

It turned its attention to the man carrying the four baby Raptors. The Indoraptor approached the brown hair bearded man and sniffed him. The Hybrid then looked at him in the eyes before sticking out its tongue and running around its feet. This brought a smile to the adults' faces seeing the five babies so happy.

Timeskip a few months

Location: Raptor training room

Owen is seen wearing a leather arm brace. He's tossing small chunks around the room as the five baby Raptors are sprinting around the room.

Owen: Take it easy, sheesh. There's plenty of food around. 

As he says that a green baby raptor known as Charlie runs past him, as it's currently playing with another one if her sisters Echo the orange raptor. Owen tosses another piece of food, which the green and blueish raptor, Delta grabs, and fights over with the beta of the group Blue.

As owen tosses some more meet, Delta and Echo crash into each other.

Owen: God, have you guys been eating sugar or something? *sigh* at least two of you are calm. 

Owen looks over to Blue standing there trying to get the other Raptors attention.

Owen: Okay, okay come on. 

Blue still standing there calls her siblings over, causing her sisters to stop what they're doing and run over to her side. As now all of the raptors are standing at Owen's attention.

Owen raises his hand, and turns to the cameraman, who was documenting this, shocked. 

Owen: wow… did you get that?

Blue turns to a dark corner of the room and calls one more time. In the shadow, a black silhouette starts to crawl out of the shadows on all fours. Its purple stripe almost gives off a glow as it's purple stripe various in types of purples. It crawled out and shook its head before giving a call back to Blue.

Owen: Well y/n how good is it to see you now.

The Indoraptor also known as y/n sat behind Blue. Owen smiled seeing the progress of the five.

Timeskip a week

Owen is seen kneeling on the ground in front of Delta, explaining what's happening to the camera.

Owen: This is Delta. She's one of the whole lower theropod survivors from the second group, now watch this. If I show any sign of weakness whatsoever.

Owen began to curl up and fake some whimpers. Delta rears back and screeches and prepares to pounce on Owen, however as she does, owen lifts his arm with the leather brace up. As she bites it preventing any physical damage to him. 

----

Owen is then seen inside a trailer, recording his own logs on the subject. 

Owen: 176 Blue is showing unprecedented levels of compliance.

The video shifts again.

Owen is seen performing the same test with Blue as he did with Delta.

Owen: Here I am with Blue, a theropod from the new group. Let's show some signs of weakness.

He repeats the process, but instead of being pounced on like her sisters, blue slowly approaches him and rubs her head against him. Owen shocked quickly recovers and lifts his upper body back up and talks in a hushed voice.

Owen: *hushed* Hey I'm okay! 

He says this with his arms open and a smile, resulting in blue to chirp a bit.

----

The video changes to owen tilting his head and Blue mimicking him.

Owen(voice over): interest, concern, signs of hyper intelligence. Cognitive bonding, she's curious… showing empathy.

Owen chuckles as he softly scratches Blue's chin.

Owen(voice over): Blue's a key. And don't even get me started with y/n.

The video then cuts to the baby Indoraptor in front of owen.

Owen: We've seen what the girls do if they see weakness. Now let's see what he does.

Owen starts his experiment and begins to whimper. The baby Indoraptor reeled back like it was about to pounce, however once it heard Owen's whimpers it stopped. The hybrid's poster relaxes, y/n approaches Owen and stared at him. Its facial expression lights up as if it had an idea. It chirped at the man, resulting in owen to look up. y/n then falls to the ground as if it was playing dead, with its tongue sticking out comically. 

Owen chuckles a bit. Causing the hybrid to jump back up.

Owen(voice over): He may be the most intelligent one yet.

The video cuts to owen sitting on the ground in front of y/n. 

Owen: So doc wanted me to use flashcards on y/n here, to see clearly so far what's his level of intelligence.

Owen places four cards on the ground, one green, one red, one yellow, and lastly a blue card.

Owen: Alright y/n, what card is red?

Y/n walks over to the red card and hands it to Owen. Owen adds another card to replace the red. He then asked y/n for the blue card, which the hybrid returns.

Owen(voice  over): It's able to communicate perfectly with other dinosaurs. It could talk to the raptors, some of the herbivores such as the triceratops and stegosaurus. But he could also talk to the Trex. He also expresses remorse, guilt. He's extraordinary, especially since he was just a prototype.