Chapter 2: Diplomacy (Part 1)

A/n: I do not own the fictional Kingdom of Cordonia. This kingdom belong to their rightful owners, Pixelberry.

● HISAKI●

🌸

Hisaki already knew something was wrong the moment she saw the sophisticated Rolls-Royce Sweptail parked just outside the dormitory. U.K. flaglets were propped up on the edge its bonnet, flapping around as the winds gushed about. The said car screamed vintage and modern as it flaunted its beautiful specs on a normal afternoon in London. What a sight for sore eyes!

People constantly paused to marvel at the luxury car with a bit of subtle wide-eyed glances and hushed exclamations. Being able to witness this made Hisaki want to shrink and bury herself 1000 kilometers underground. As soon as she would step in that car, she would be the talk of the university for years. But it was too late to turn back. Came out of the car was a fancily dressed man, who was wearing probably the most expensive black suit in London, his dark hair gelled back. He made his way to the passenger's seat and opened it. He slightly bowed towards Hisaki, motioning her to come in.

"Oh, fvck me," she cussed to herself as people started pointing at her with shocked expressions. She reluctantly walked to the car and slid in, muttering certain unpleasantries.

As soon as she was in the car her eyes travelled around, silently cringing at the oh-so-elegant white interior. The air conditioning was as fragrant as a field of flowers.

She then took notice of Jane who sat in the seat in front of her. She had her auburn hair pulled up into a tight bun, while her face had minimum hints of make-up. Her black suit jacket perfectly emphasized her slim physique, a typical sleek office look.

The car started to move the moment that the driver went back to the seat.

Hisaki inhaled sharply and swallowed the little bit of nervousness she was feeling. Breaking the silence, she spoke up, "What is it now? Did grandma want to see me?" Although she already knew the answer to that question, she still asked and waited for Jane to reply.

Jane fixed her glasses as she swiftly pulled out a newspaper. Specifically showing the headline to her. Without even bothering to look, Hisaki pushed the newspaper away and shook her head.

"Mrs. Roberts would want to discuss to you about this..." she paused, seemingly looking for the right words to say. "incident."

Hisaki kept quiet. She knew that there was something more. Her grandmother wouldn't just 'summon' her all of a sudden. She had tons of headliners before-not to brag about it-but her grandmother never paid attention to them. She simply warned her granddaughter to stay alert and be careful of her 'hobby'. If she were really worried then her grandmother would be the one barging in her dormitory demanding justice.

After a few minutes of driving, it was noticable that the more they made their way to their destination, the fewer there were people roaming about. They travelled across multiple towns and reached an inclined pathway to the forest. The road was a bit rocky and bumpy.

They continued going up, nearing a magestic silver ivy gate decorated with flowers of different colors. Two guards stood there, eyeing the vehicle as it approached. Hisaki could see their eyes grow wide and reach for the botton to open the gates. As they proceeded to go up hill, the journey became smooth. The road grew wider and more polished.