Chapter 3: Diplomacy (Part 2)

•HISAKI•

🌸

"Never in my life have I ever felt so betrayed," Saguru complained as his eyes followed Hisaki pace around the room as she packed for her trip to New York. "Seems like I have made a dire mistake in trusting you so much."

"Quit being dramatic," Hisaki snapped at her blond childhood friend, casually glancing to his direction. When Saguru heard about it, he wouldn't stop whining about how unfair it was for him to be not included in a big event.

Hisaki paused at the foot of her bed, sighing. She plopped herself on the soft mattress and spread her arms out. The tea and scones she had consumed earlier awfully churned in her stomach. How could she agree with that mission? She was still 17, she wasn't even legal!

She turned her head to her laptop, which was placed on top of one of her drawers. Finding time to have a video call with Saguru was difficult. The timezones bothered them a lot. Saguru had his glasses on as he scribbled away, seemingly drowned into his very own world.

"Doesn't it seem dodgy...?"

"Hmm?" Saguru looked up from what he was writing. "Dodgy?"

"Yeah," Hisaki replied, putting an arm over her eyes. "I mean, why would they seek my assistance when in fact they have enough power to protect Her Majesty?"

Saguru hummed and held his chin, giving it a deep thought. "It does seem dodgy. Even Mrs. Roberts agreed that you should take part in it."

Hisaki bolted up from her bed, pointing at Saguru. "Right?! Before she'd advise me not to go or tell me to be careful but when we discussed with the Secretary of Defence she seemed hesitant but agreed all the same." She crossed her arms, eyebrows furrowing. "But then again, she could've said yes because Peter would be there, guiding me."

With that said, Saguru perked up and frowned. "Peter Williams?"

Hisaki raised a brow, giving him a teasing smirk. "What? Jealous?"

Saguru dropped his pen and choked. "Wha-Me? J-jealous?" He waved his hands around as he spoke, doing some weird hand movements. Then, he scoffed and shook his head in disbelief. "Don't be so full of yourself."

Hisaki pursed her lips to stop grinning even further. "Hmm... Right, not jealous."

Saguru leaned forward, removing his reading glasses. "Anyway, what are you going to do?"

Hisaki shrugged as she stared into space. "I'm not quite sure, but I did meet Peter a while ago. Blimey, was he loud." Hisaki clicked her tongue as she shook her head in disbelief.

"What did he say?"

"He said that we will have some sort of training later in the evening." Hisaki crossed her arms over her chest, giving it a deep thought. "He said that he wants to see what I can do if ever it gets dangerous."

Saguru chuckled, leaning his chin on his palm. "Hisaki doesn't need any protection right? She can absolutely nail that training."

Hisaki rolled her eyes and snickered along with him. She plopped back to her bed, grinning widely. "Yeah, I'm sure it'll not be as bad as it will seem."

"